Oil filter for Ford Expedition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tig1
How does the MC 820 stack up to the Pure 1? Numbers wise. Do they sell MC filters at WM in Canada? If so how much?

No idea. I did notice there does not appear to be a bypass in the bottom of the filter, which I am used to seeing with my FL-1A style filters.

My parents have a PureONE on the Expedition, but at 18 bucks a filter, I would buy a Fleetguard with the glass media first.....

They do not sell anything other than FRAM at Walmart in Canada.

The FL820S is, from what I've read, a 20 micron filter.

The bypass is on the base end with the 820S, and is a very good design if you ask me.

May go with a 10-micron Fleetguard glass filter next OCI then..... 20 microns doesn't impress me.

Either the Motorcraft or the NAPA Gold. Just make sure you get an oil filter that has 0.02" thick steel can material. I read somewhere that Ford spec’d it for the FL-820s for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran Pure One on my 6.8L V10 f250. (I think its the same filter for yours)

Great quality as we all know.

You know the quality of Donaldson from Fleetgaurd. If you can get a case cheap, why not stick with em?
21.gif

Darn you OVERK1LL!!!
I want a truck to tinker with!!!

Exactly. The Donaldson filters are top-notch, and yes, I can get the Fleetguard glass ones quite easily.

Next OCI
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
I'd probably get a Pureone and change it every 10-15k. If I remember right the filter is a PITA to get to.

Nope, quite easy.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I'd probably get a Pureone and change it every 10-15k. If I remember right the filter is a PITA to get to.

Nope, quite easy.

They must have changed it the following year.
frown.gif
My prior '03 Exp'y and the current '07 have them buried up in there so bad my arms look like I've been in a fight with a badger or something by the time I'm done.

My '98 had the remote filter mounted right behind the front bumper; THAT was the way to go. Piece of cake.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: RWEST
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Nope, quite easy.

They must have changed it the following year.
frown.gif
My prior '03 Exp'y and the current '07 have them buried up in there so bad my arms look like I've been in a fight with a badger or something by the time I'm done.

My '98 had the remote filter mounted right behind the front bumper; THAT was the way to go. Piece of cake.
thumbsup2.gif

'03 was the year they changed to the new platform. Mine, like your '98, is based on the F-150, and so yes, like your '98, the change is a breeze
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back