FL-2121-B12 (FL-500S alternative)

So both are going to continue to be available, or it was a temporary band-aid? Do you think one style is better?

Perhaps a price advantage? I used to get FL-400s for 3.99 and the other day it was $8.44. 😮
The price difference is negligible. There was a 30% cost increase on us overnight one month last year so I don't expect any price lowering.

The only expereince was with the FL-2114B12 which was meh. The techs didn't like having to use them as they "felt cheap" according to our lube techs FWIW.

I called my local Ford dealer parts department a while back (relatively large dealership) after the new Motorcraft filters came out, and asked about the new Motorcraft filter line. The guy never heard of them and he said they had about 50 FL500S filters in stock for …… drum roll, $14.95 each.

I called my local Ford dealer parts department a while back (relatively large dealership) after the new Motorcraft filters came out, and asked about the new Motorcraft filter line. The guy never heard of them and he said they had about 50 FL500S filters in stock for …… drum roll, $14.95 each.
They weren't loaded into the catalogs at first and most have been removed by now. FWIW a lot of parts guys just don't care about that stuff. They don't read the notices or pay attention outside of "new number to bill out."

They weren't loaded into the catalogs at first and most have been removed by now. FWIW a lot of parts guys just don't care about that stuff. They don't read the notices or pay attention outside of "new number to bill out."
So Ford dealerships aren't stocking them anymore? Is that line of filters even being manufactured anymore? I know you work at a dealership and have good inside info. :)

I was only joking..
I appreciate the thought. There are a few great people here that I have sold parts to. Just have to factor in any parts savings with whatever UPS charges. Stuff like batteries and fluids are no fun to ship because they are HAZMAT. Body parts are big so you hit the wall of LTL shipping.

The price difference is negligible. There was a 30% cost increase on us overnight one month last year so I don't expect any price lowering.

The only expereince was with the FL-2114B12 which was meh. The techs didn't like having to use them as they "felt cheap" according to our lube techs FWIW.
To expand, I am sure they are fine. Ford wouldn't put their name on it if it didn't meet all of the specs and check off all of the boxes. A lot of people in the industry don't like change or options where they have to use any extra brain cells.

To expand, I am sure they are fine. Ford wouldn't put their name on it if it didn't meet all of the specs and check off all of the boxes. A lot of people in the industry don't like change or options where they have to use any extra brain cells.
Yes, Ford says their Motorcraft oil filters meet USCAR-36, so that other line of Motorcraft oil filters most likely meet that spec too.

Back