First Post, New Car

Hello BITOG, Ive been a longtime lurker of this site when looking for recommendations for myself or friends. My main question, is regarding my newest purchase-- 2022 Honda Civic Sport. This car has the NA 2.0L.

My plan for the first change is as follows: Run the OCI minder to 20% and change with M1 0w20 EP along with a Honda filter. Plan is, rinse wash and repeat for the following changes.

Questions: Am I correct that M1 EP is a decent enough oil, is my idea of the OCI minder adequate or should I change at a specific milage such as 5k, 6k, etc. I plan on keeping this car for 200-300k miles so I want to treat it as well as I possibly can.

Finally, regarding my other Honda which is being passed along to a family member now that I retired it. 2006 Honda Accord v6 with 230k miles. Ive religiously used M1 high milage oil in that car since I bought it used with 70k. After 200k is became noisy, Ive adjust the valves and timing belt was replaced at 200k as routine. Would a somewhat wornout Honda motor benefit from going to a 10w or thicker oil? Or just stick to the 5w30 as itll be driven much less with its new driver.

Thanks in advance everyone.
Unless you have an oil made my a direct sale company not mentioning names the engine won’t last 10,000 miles. 🤪

Hello BITOG, Ive been a longtime lurker of this site when looking for recommendations for myself or friends. My main question, is regarding my newest purchase-- 2022 Honda Civic Sport. This car has the NA 2.0L.

My plan for the first change is as follows: Run the OCI minder to 20% and change with M1 0w20 EP along with a Honda filter. Plan is, rinse wash and repeat for the following changes.

Questions: Am I correct that M1 EP is a decent enough oil, is my idea of the OCI minder adequate or should I change at a specific milage such as 5k, 6k, etc. I plan on keeping this car for 200-300k miles so I want to treat it as well as I possibly can.

Finally, regarding my other Honda which is being passed along to a family member now that I retired it. 2006 Honda Accord v6 with 230k miles. Ive religiously used M1 high milage oil in that car since I bought it used with 70k. After 200k is became noisy, Ive adjust the valves and timing belt was replaced at 200k as routine. Would a somewhat wornout Honda motor benefit from going to a 10w or thicker oil? Or just stick to the 5w30 as itll be driven much less with its new driver.

Thanks in advance everyone.
Does the 06 accord use any oil? If not, personally, I wouldn’t worry much about the noise.

dont see where you live + drive BUT being a thickee i use 10-30 fake synthetic year around in Pa. the non direct injected i believe should serve you well + depending on your climate + driving habits should determine change intervals + if you like thicker oils i would check your owners manual for the accepted specs for your warranty. your older ride prolly has wear + a higher viscosity hot, the second # might quiet it as well as give better oil pressure, good luck!

I had the same engine in a 2016 Civic LX - 6 speed manual I purchased new in 2015 .
It's a mulit port injection engine , no direct injection - it's not hard on oil .
I personally ran 0W20 - QSUD for the majority of the oil changes at 20% OLM - flogged it and it ran like a champ.
Traded it in for the 2020 Pilot - it had 38k miles on it and had no issues .
I would change your PCV valve every 30k miles... only other recommendation .

Back