First oil filter you ever installed or used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, vacation is going good. Got to thinking; what was the first ever oil filter you ever put on a vehicle? Mine would have been a WIX.

My dad had a station from '55-'79 then he retired. We used Purolator when I started working with him in 1970. IDK what he used prior!

Fram extra guard. A little bit before the grippy stuff. And that was when you bought oil by the case from Walmart. No 5 qt jugs although it was nice when they came out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia
car51 said:
So, vacation is going good. Got to thinking; what was the first ever oil filter you ever put on a vehicle? Mine would have been a WIX. [/quote

Are you bored??

Sounds like he's having loads of fun
banana2.gif

I'm pretty sure my first oil changes were done with the good ole Fram Orange Can - 3387. I'm 26 now and my first oil changes were on my first car(obviously) a '95 Beretta Z26(Good ole 3.1!). We still have it in the family as it got handed down to my younger brother but he didn't really take care of it..at all..

Last edited:
I had a 1978 VW Rabbit, I know I put Valvoline 20w-50 in it. Since I got oil and filters at (now defunct) GI Joes I am willing to bet it was almost certainly a Purolator filter as that is what they mostly carried.

FRAM PH8A on a 1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport with a 351C. I also used Lee filters on this car.

K Mart Motorvator brand oil filters.$1.88 when on sale in the 1980s.Also used LEE 2-stage filters and once an STP (due to Richard Petty's association with Mopars and STP).

Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia
car51 said:
So, vacation is going good. Got to thinking; what was the first ever oil filter you ever put on a vehicle? Mine would have been a WIX. [/quote

Are you bored??

Slow News day.
smile.gif

30 years ago. Fram orange can on my first car, a '79 Camaro.
Installed it as tight as I could with an oil filter wrench.
3,000 miles later spent a week trying to get it off.
Finally, after destroying the can, I was able to use a hammer and chisel and slowly rotate it loose.

MobilnHyundai: yes, it's been raining here all day. That and I was helping my aunt out with doc appointments, fixing stuff around her house. I was waiting on my aunt while she was at her doctors appointment. So; yes I was a bit bored LOL!

Guys: I didn't think there was a thread about your first oil filter used so thought I would post
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back