first oil change smelled like candy??

I forgot to post that the first time I changed my oil this weekend on my sonata the oil smelled like candy? Is that as normal thing for Hyundai's? Ushually the first time I change the oil on a new car it smells like gasoline. Maybe antifreeze?? Maybe just assembly lube or the oil they use at the factory?

Originally Posted By: ryland
I forgot to post that the first time I changed my oil this weekend on my sonata the oil smelled like candy? Is that as normal thing for Hyundai's? Ushually the first time I change the oil on a new car it smells like gasoline. Maybe antifreeze?? Maybe just assembly lube or the oil they use at the factory?
My Santa Fe first oil change smells like that too. It was from Seoul South Korea.

ryland

I figured you'd have the answer Steve! Must be something they use then. I wish it smelled like that all the time, smelled pretty good.

Maybe the break in greases or whatever used on the assembly line? I dunno, but it does smell kinda sweet. People reading this thread probably think we are cracked.

I know Mobil 1 ATF (at least the stuff in 2005 smelled wonderfully tasty (no I didn't taste it). Maybe a candy smell is a sign of good oil.

I can see it now. There will be a new aspect of BITOG with those that can identify factory fill by smell. Now we are getting into the subtle aspects of oil....

Did it taste like chicken? Seriously I've had the opportunity to smell some pretty foul oil. It must be something in the assembly lube they use.

Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
I can see it now. There will be a new aspect of BITOG with those that can identify factory fill by smell. Now we are getting into the subtle aspects of oil....
"My Motorcraft has such a fruity lively bouquet"

Never smelt a good oil, except MMO, smelt like a York Peppermint Patty. Most oil smells like butt, don't ask me how i know.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
You live in Jersey, doesn't everything smell like Butt? J/K
Now THERE'S a sig quote!

Could be worse... Could be Texas, the BIG-BUTT's of America! Again, just kidding.
Hey now! we're proud of our big butts here.

You live in Jersey, doesn't everything smell like Butt? J/K
LOL Jersey has been called the armpit of America, or the A-Hole of America depends who you ask. LOL I felt the same way about NY now that I'm living out west. J/K bunch of great people live in NY and NJ

I have been to NY-City, but never to Jersey... I love NY-City. Really cool place, but man do people have attitude there.