First damaged part from Amazon. Why can't they just replace it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought this muffler that arrived today. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VKYCGC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00 The tip has a pretty bad dent in it as if it was dropped on it's end. The box it came in was pretty beat as well. I got a return label and dropped it off at UPS as instructed for a refund. Now I have to place a second order for it that's going to take another week to arrive with the free shipping. Couldn't they have processed a replacement instead and send it quicker through prime shipping?
I don't understand. The moment it arrives damaged, you could have ordered another one, and if you have prime, then it gets set quick through prime shipping. If you don't have prime, then why would they expedite the replacement?

If you didn't order the original with prime, why should they be obligated to ship the replacement a faster method than the original? I could see it as a gesture of goodwill, but that would be in a competitive environment, not the current amazon dominant environment.

There is no need to process a replacement. You order again, confident that amazon will issue the refund because the original was damaged. IMO where the whole process fell short was that someone along the line, before it was delivered, should have recognized there was package damage and diverted it back to amazon before you ever received it, so you had more advance notice that you needed to order another. That has, happened to me in the past with a longer exhaust assembly.

Ultimately at some point, buying at the lowest price means that what is ideal, isn't what is going to happen. Somebody has to eat the loss.

I would have just used a pipe expander and un-bent the tip. You shouldn't have to do that, but it is the course of least resistance.

In a way it's like #firstworldproblems, that we are so itchy to get the former equivalent of mail order parts so fast. I remember back the day, looking at JCWhitney catalogs, where you place an order and figured it'd arrive in about 3 weeks.

It's a bad plan if you need a vehicle up and running ASAP and depend on something coming in the mail... just sayin' tech is great but it can't change the laws of physics and time.

Last edited:
Making sure I understand. UPS damaged a shipment. Amazon will replace something they didn't damage and your upset that they didn't send it faster through a service you didn't pay for...

And come here to complain to anonymous strangers whom you disregard if they don't say what you like.

Don't post something like this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back