U.S. Auto Parts experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought I'd share my experience with U.S. Auto Parts, the owners of JC Whitney and autopartswarehouse.com among others. Here's a selection of emails from a purchase of leaf springs. I swear I didn't modify their emails in any way. Direct copy and paste.

To: jcwhitney

Could you please make sure that the bushings on the ends are protected during shipping? I just returned identical parts to another seller because they were shipped without any protection and the bushings were crushed while in transit. Thank you.

To: me

Good day!

We would like to inform you that once we ship out an item, there is bubble wrap plastic included. In case you receive a damage part, you can send it back for replacement or refund.

Please email us back if you need further assistance. Our Customer Service Team is available Monday to Sunday and always ready to assist you with any issue that you may have.

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Julius

This is a huge disappointment. Despite your assurance that these would be shipped with proper packaging, they were sent with NO packaging and a label just taped to the outside of the individual springs. The bushings are cracked and damaged on both springs from the shipping.

I told you that they would be damaged in shipping if not properly packaged, but they were sent without packaging anyway...?

I have an appointment on Tuesday to have these installed. I hope to receive a quick remedy to this situation.

To: me
Thank you for contacting us about your Order.

We are sorry to hear that you receive a damage Spring Leaf. We need to know what was teh condition of the shipper box when you received it. Was it damage also? Do you see a tear, hole or crushed on the shipper box?

Please feel free to email us back for further assistance. Our agents are available Monday to Sunday and are always willing to assist you with any issue you may have.

Thank you and have a great day.

Sincerely,

Sandy Chan

Are you serious?

I first emailed you to request that the parts be shipped with protection because the bushings can be damaged. You responded by saying they would be shipped with proper protection (bubble wrap).

They arrived today without any packaging and were damaged like I said they would be.

I emailed again, saying that the bushings at the ends of the leaf springs were damaged because they were shipped WITHOUT any packaging. You responded by asking if the packing was damaged. That is maddening.

I called the hotline number you have listed below. "Stephanie" stated that she would make sure that new parts were sent out ASAP with proper packaging and that I would receive an email with tracking numbers. I am still waiting for that email. She also stated that I would not need to return the broken parts. Please make sure this shipment is expedited. I made an appointment to have these installed on Wednesday.

Please forward this to a supervisor that is fluent in English and will read this entire string of emails to understand the situation. Have that supervisor call me on my cell phone at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Still no call. Lovely. I'm not going to tell people where to spend their money, but... yikes. Are there any site sponsors that sell leaf springs?

Do you have any pics?

Sounds like a bad situation.

I ordered some brake pads from JC Whitney and the order went fine. But, a box of brake pads are easier to ship than the parts you ordered.

Best of luck getting this taken care of.

FWIW when we order leaf springs from Ford they come with no packaging whatsoever. We had to order mufflers for a 2012 Mustang GT that the owner shot a rod through the valley, long story. Took 3 different orders to get a muffler where the chrome tip was not bashed against a wall and completely deformed.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Do you have any pics?

I believe I may. I'll try to upload them tomorrow.

As far as them being shipped without protection, that would be fine if they hadn't said they were going to... These come with plastic bushings on the ends that are cracked when they're dropped by the shipper. They weigh 44 lbs. each. I'm supposed to get replacements delivered Wednesday. They PROMISED that they would be shipped with the ends protected this time... we'll see. Stand by for updates!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back