How does warranty work on AC Delco parts bought on and from Amazon?

Amazon issuing a refund since they are out of stock. Ordered their Dorman which has good reviews and can't be any worse than the AC Delco after 3 months. Just had to buy some other stuff for the free shipping.

What's the warranty on the Dorman part?
How hard is it to get warranty service on a Dorman part?

For some parts I stick to brick and mortar specifically for return purposes. For ACDelco parts I’m lucky enough to have an independent ACDelco parts store near me. I also have a chevy dealership nearby that sells parts for a really good price.

Bought two of these AC Delco window motors June 19 on Amazon and sold by Amazon.

Yesterday I notice the right side doesn't work. Took the door panel off and just hear and feel a click at the motor when I hit the switch either way. Pulled the connector off the motor and plugged a headlight into it. Light burns bright in up and down switch positions so everything to the switch is good.

Never did a warranty exchange or return with Amazon, so how does it go? It's a pretty big job to get the motor with regulator out of the door, and then you have to take motor out of the regulator. That's not a problem, but with those parts out of the door, I have to tape or wedge up the glass as the car is outside, until I get a new part.
Fight with them, write back and forth several times, call Amazon several times, get completely fed up !................Give up, buy 2nd part, or fix the bad one! IME at least!

I have those same exact motors in my 92 Cavalier. Luckily they still work very well. Only time will tell on how long they last. I just put in the passenger side one last fall. The driver's side was replaced about a year ago.

Back