Amazon's AC Delco Battery

My Walmart Everstart AGM H7 died within 2 1/2 months after purchased, verified with Walmart technician through the battery tester machine - the battery failed the test however they don't have one in stock. It's been 2 weeks now and they're still out of stock, searched all over Houston, ZERO. Thinking of returning the battery and buying online at Amazon.
Amazon has the same price as Walmart's but my question is, how is their return policy if the battery failed within the warranty period? Does Amazon needs proof that the battery is defective? Anyone of you bought batteries at Amazon had problems returning? Amazon's battery is an AC Delco AGM 94R (H7) for $169. Thanks

Last edited:
I've had that exact AC Delco AGM battery (purchased from Amazon) in my 2008 Charger for over five years with no issues, so can't speak to ease of return.

In over 30 years of owning over 50 different cars, I've never had to return a battery under warranty. Any batteries I've replaced either died of old age or were changed as a preventive measure. I don't give battery warranties a great deal of thought.

Ordering a battery on Amazon seems like a terrible idea. And do they claim a 2 or 3 year warranty with them? Good luck with all that.

But the H7 AGM from Walmart - i'm surprised they ever put them back in stock. But it is a great deal.

An update on this, I am the OP and Walmart is so mess up on their H7/R94 AGM. WM CS told me there suppose to be a shipment of batteries last week but I searched 3 WMs nearing me and was told a shipment came in but no H7 AGM. So, I told them I want a refund and they gave the full amount because it is still in the window of 90 day full refund period.
I went to WM website which is showing IN STOCK, but upon checkout, the battery is out of stock.
A member replied to my post and suggested the H6, I considered that but the first thing that came into my mind the car is still under warranty. I fear is if a problem occurs in the electrical system the dealer might blame on the improper size of the battery.
OK, I am not going with Amazon as some of the members have suggested. I called Amazon CS and was told they'll accept the battery within 30 day time frame but if it goes bad after that I have to deal with the AC Delco dealer.
Orielly, Autozon, NAPA, AAP have prices in the range of $ 269 exceeding $100 on their AGM vs WM's $169. How could that be? I am beginning to think Johnson Controls prioritize the highest bidder. I believe at this time of the year, there is a shortage of this battery because majority of European cars and some American cars use this battery size. Does WM buys these batteries at a much cheaper price if there is a surplus?

With this experience I got I will not buy an H7 AGM at WM again because of the nonavailability on certain days or even weeks. Heck my wife's Volvo has H7 as well

Last edited:
Back