Finally tinting the Jetta, need suggestions.

Huper Optik Ceramic 20
IMG_20181005_144957041_2_25.jpg

All that solution running down behind the door panels causing all kinds of electrical problems. All those installers leaning against the paintwork leaving scratches and swirls. I would think twice
The most BITOG thing in the history of BITOG.

5 vehicles tinted with Llumar products. Ceramic is worth it for heat reduction.

I should note that my car (above) has had the tint replaced twice on various windows (under the shop's/Llumar's lifetime warranty). None of my other cars have had this issue - no clue. Just glad they are a no-fuss shop that I've used for the last 10 years.

LOL, I've pondered that in fact that pondering is what landed me in the Jetta just 4 months ago. At 7k miles I could probably get more than I paid though. I'd have to actually find an R Line too....
I bought my 2019 SE for 18,800 as a 2019 left over in March of 2020 and due to wife being moved to permanent work at home sold to to Carvana for 22,700 with 27k miles on it.

I should note that my car (above) has had the tint replaced twice on various windows (under the shop's/Llumar's lifetime warranty). None of my other cars have had this issue - no clue. Just glad they are a no-fuss shop that I've used for the last 10 years.
For what type of issues?

I have Llumar tint on 4 of my vehicles and the other 3 never had an issue. In fact the '13 Focus has had their base (non-ceramic) tint for 9 years and it still looks fine!

Tint to me is more about the look than function, which is why I have removed it from 3 vehicles I have bought. It is just a bad idea for many reasons, and it only looks cool. I hate dark tint, that is just another expensive useless fad.

Tint to me is more about the look than function, which is why I have removed it from 3 vehicles I have bought. It is just a bad idea for many reasons, and it only looks cool. I hate dark tint, that is just another expensive useless fad.
Walk me through the bad idea? 35% rears/50% fronts in VA (legal limit) isn't v. dark at all. Keeps my interior cool and UV free. Sure, super dark limo tint is stupid and hinders your night vision.

I disagree. We have absolutely noticed a difference in temperature since having the tint installed. Looks good too. I think too dark a tint gives off ricer vibes, but something modest looks classy.

Back