Jetta tint pics

I have been wanting to have our Jetta tinted since purchase, yesterday I finally got around to having it done. I chose a shop that offers Llumar film and went with the IRX line in 30%. I am happy with the tint level, and overall happy with the install. There are some very thin lines on two of the windows where he cut the film that are noticeable only in the sunlight at the right angle. I think I am going to chose to overlook it as they are hard to see.

The rear window still has some waves in the tint, he said it can take a while for those to clear up. If not better in a week I'll contact him to have it fixed.

Here are the pics. One before shot, the rest are after.

A7967244-EC18-41A3-8351-77F4D2253ACB.jpeg
563B2828-91B4-44C7-BE58-194E11FA222D.jpeg
49BFCB23-AC08-40A4-A1D6-16E4B6AE4B67.jpeg
0D291ABA-1D4F-404A-A16C-23F355DF210E.jpeg
6047DF75-9F23-4F9F-B7CF-E44AC192C305.jpeg
513E6FF2-1F3A-417D-AF43-44235D919ED2.jpeg

I would have had Llumar Air 80 installed which is a windshield specific tint. But unless you maintain your own vehicle, I could see it being messed up during an oil change regarding stickers despite telling the service advisor about the windsheild tint.

I would have had Llumar Air 80 installed which is a windshield specific tint. But unless you maintain your own vehicle, I could see it being messed up during an oil change regarding stickers despite telling the service advisor about the windsheild tint.
I thought about it but ultimately didn't want to have it due to having particles trapped under it during install, and possible vision impairment. We use the sunshade when we park the car anyway, so really it's a non issue for us. I hear that is good tint though.

I had flaws on every car I had tinted in the past. I’m so OCD is really bothered me that I don’t get my cars tinted anymore. One of my last ones I had tinted was my 2019 Golf. I went with 3M Crystalline 70%. It wasn’t dark but blocked out the UV and UA rays plus heat. I guess the Crystalline is thicker then most tint and is harder to install. It was a light tint but I still could see the flaws on some windows.

15497196-F077-48A2-84AA-100525F3C908.jpeg

Many years ago - in fact I guess it would have been 1988 since the car was new I had a tint shop mess up just about every seal on a CRX by apparently training tint on the outside with a razor blade. Nowadays if I'm going to have one done I ask if they are computer cutting from templates - it is a deal breaker for me.

The think looks good and they didn't mess the car up too bad, count yourself lucky. The bubble will diminish over time but probably not entirely go away.

Many years ago - in fact I guess it would have been 1988 since the car was new I had a tint shop mess up just about every seal on a CRX by apparently training tint on the outside with a razor blade. Nowadays if I'm going to have one done I ask if they are computer cutting from templates - it is a deal breaker for me.

The think looks good and they didn't mess the car up too bad, count yourself lucky. The bubble will diminish over time but probably not entirely go away.
This is something I will ask about in the future.

I had flaws on every car I had tinted in the past. I’m so OCD is really bothered me that I don’t get my cars tinted anymore. One of my last ones I had tinted was my 2019 Golf. I went with 3M Crystalline 70%. It wasn’t dark but blocked out the UV and UA rays plus heat. I guess the Crystalline is thicker then most tint and is harder to install. It was a light tint but I still could see the flaws on some windows.

View attachment 89673
Sweet car. Yes, I was on the fence about having it done, but ultimate I decided to take the "risk". I suppose it could have been worse, like on ALL the windows. I'll be happy if the tint hold up for the next 10 years. I paid for a good quality tint, hope it pays off.

The tint on my 328i were computer cut from a template, and they're not perfect either. I mean, you have to be looking closely for imperfections. Like most things in life, when you do, you'll find them.

Back