Finally scratched my watch itch this morning

Some time ago I posted about wanting to get a nice watch for myself. I'm certainly not an aficionado but I have been reading and watching a lot of content about watches in the last year or so. I've always really liked the Tudor Black Bay but I really preferred the 5-link "Jubilee" bracelet and that was only offered with the red bezel...that is until Watches and Wonders this year! Tudor released a 41mm Black Bay with a black and white bezel on the 5-link/T-Fit clasp and it was too good to pass up. The case has been slimmed down too and this is METAS-certified as well. Just picked it up this AM for MSRP and I love it! This is my new daily.

Picture is on my 8" wrist.
Beautiful watch. Do all Tudor's use an in house movement? This watch appears to. And a very nice one at that.

To me, it's the caliber that makes the watch. There are lots of watches in this same price range that use common ETA or Sellita movements. This watch is way cooler!

Beautiful watch. Do all Tudor's use an in house movement? This watch appears to. And a very nice one at that.

To me, it's the caliber that makes the watch. There are lots of watches in this same price range that use common ETA or Sellita movements. This watch is way cooler!
I believe they are all technically "in-house" although I think the T603 used in the Tudor Royal and 1926 are a modified ETA movement. All of their popular Black Bay variants and Pelagos are now in-house and I read the goal is to get all their watches METAS certified.

I believe they are all technically "in-house" although I think the T603 used in the Tudor Royal and 1926 are a modified ETA movement. All of their popular Black Bay variants and Pelagos are now in-house and I read the goal is to get all their watches METAS certified.
Just to clarify what METAS is. Unlike COSC, which is only a movement certification, METAS is a more rigorous and comprhensive certification that requires not only the movement to be COSC- certified but it must meet even higher precision specs and the whole watch must meet other requirements regarding water resistance and resistance to magnetic fields. A silly requirement is that the watch must be Swiss-made. Non-Swiss-made watches are categorically disqualified.

METAS is not the most stringent cert as far as precision is concerned but we are close to splitting hairsprings here.

Last edited:
Just to clarify what METAS is. Unlike COSC, which is only a movement certification, METAS is a more rigorous and comprhensive certification that requires not only the movement to be COSC- certified but it must meet even higher precision specs and the whole watch must meet other requirements regarding water resistance and resistance to magnetic fields. A silly requirement is that the watch must be Swiss-made. Non-Swiss-made watches are categorically disqualified.

METAS is not the most stringent cert as far as precision is concerned but we are close to splitting hairsprings here.
Zing! And it's still a pretty high standard for the price point.

Back