Filter Minder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: StevieC
No I get it, I'm saying, I'm fine with the noise from the exhaust so any noise from the air intake wouldn't be noticed. It's quite loud now.

Ahh. Gotcha.

The ricers always want to race me.
lol.gif

I'd definitely take a quick peek through your air intake track upstream from your filter, see if there's a silencer or anything there. The expedition had a "cone shaped" one where it went into the fender, it got a lot louder with that removed, but it picked up some power under max load.

From the clean side of the filter to the throttle plate is just an "S" tube with the top of the "S" being at the air box in the picture and the bottom being the throttle plate which is mounted on the front of the engine near the plastic intake plenum.

Last edited:
I mean between the airbox and the hood scoop, just take a peek in the plumbing to see if there are any inline silencers.

thumbsup2.gif

There may not be any BTW, I'm just tossing that out "in case" as I found like 2x of them in the Expedition and both were smaller than the TB, LOL
grin.gif

For sure...

On a side note, my BMW was 5.0L of displacement, 400HP and had two huge air filters, 8 throttle bodies and two completely separate intake plumbing setups feeding a common plenum. Yet both of my 6.4L's, making 70HP more, have a single panel air filter....... I find that a tad comical. I'd bet it would take ages to register restriction on filter minders fitted to that S62. I like your thinking in this thread though, and I think I'm going to put a filter minder on the GC once she's back from the body shop (don't ask).

Yeah when I had my 2.6L Caravan it had a really big oval filter that sit in a canister on the firewall. I can't remember us ever changing the air filter because it was so overly large. This because it pulls so much vacuum I think it's pulling a lot of debris into the filter that might not be there if it wasn't sucking in so hard. Just a thought... Also I if it's starving for air it could be why the engine can be quite gutless at times.

e-2873_6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back