Finally installed air intake vacuum gauge

Finally got around to installing a Napa 4801 filter minder on my 2012 3.7 F150 with 245,569 miles. Yes I know my engine is filthy. Now that the air filter side of things are taken care of, I’m going to start doing extended drains with HPL oil. From what Ive been reading on here, Im thinking of running some cheap Supertech 5W30 with a quart of HPL EC 30, for 2k miles, then going with HPL PCEO 5W30 for 7/8k ocis from here on out. Does that sound like a solid plan? Ill use Napa Gold or Microgard Select filters.

IMG_0825.jpeg

IMG_0824.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an air filter monitor gauge - standard on my Sierra. Never seemed to work right. You still have to look at it periodically to see if it needs changing with that factory one. Perhaps that is a better design?

I’ve looked into these gauges for my pickup. Seen them lots on heavy equipment.

My question is how is it decided how much vacuum is “too much” or time to replace the filter?

I wanted to get a gallon jug of Supertech TCW3 but it was nowhere to be found at my WalMart. The Premium Plus was cheapest compared to the XLF, Evinrude/Johnson, Lucas TCW3 and Lucas Land & Sea 2 stroke that was on the shelf.

Im shooting for 8k runs with the HPL oil, for the first oci Ill change the filter at 4k incase it gets loaded up and then oil and filter at 8k. My question is the Napa Gold 7502 I use looks to be very well built but is Premium Guard China made. Should it be able to do an 8k oci? If not Ill just use a Fram TG.

Also can you buy individual quarts of HPL? I see you can buy 6 quarts(which is my trucks capacity) but Id like to get 7 as to top it off when I change the filter at 4k

Back