Fiat 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gf bought one back on Sept 3rd.
Have over 3500 miles on it now.

She loves it, I love it, it gets mid 30's even with her mash the go pedal in any vehicle she drives driving style.

5 speed manual is a nice shifting unit.
Car has way more torque than 98 ft-lbs should feel like from a standing start. We live in Denver, so it runs out of steam at our higher altitude in the higher rev range.

Very comfy. I'm 6'1" and she's 5'2".
Great interior, fit and finish is good.

And for the price, when you look at the fact that its competition is right around the same price point, yet you get a lot more features in the Fiat, the Fiat comes out ahead.

Not to mention the 4 year 50k mile B2B warranty, 3 year 36k mile free maintenance, and you have a car that beats all of its competition in those regards.

As for them not selling well, you can't blame the car for that, you can only blame Fiat. They are the idiots who decided to only open a handful of dealerships at a time, instead of making the car more widely available for purchase. Not to mention that they shot themselves in the foot thinking they were going to sell 50k of them a year in North America.

I won't mention their US advertising campaign except to say that it's simply dismal. If you compare it to its competition, you wonder if they really want to sell the cars at all.

BC.

Quote:
won't buy a Chevy because their Uncle Bob had a Vega in 1971 and had nothing but problems with it.

How about when ever single model was like the Vega or worse?

Crash results out now-3 stars for side collision. I'd ck with my insurance agent before purchasing. And compare against a Mini.

Very comfy. I'm 6'1" and she's 5'2".
Great interior, fit and finish is good.

I sat in one at an auto show. I'm 6'4" and the only reason I could sit up straight is that my head poked through the sun roof.

John

I would buy one if I were in market for small car, I like vehicle that is different from what everyone else has. People that own one opinion is more valued than person who does not, it seems many would like car and company to fail why I do not understand...being different is not good? Everyone driving Toyota, Ford or G.M is good?

I tinkered with one at the auto show and to be honest I was not impressed. I agree that it's one of the best looking compacts but my little KIA has better interior materias/fit/finish. FIATs are not known for their quality either.

I was in Niagara Falls, Canada recently, and there were lots of 500's out and about. There are even a few in my neck of the woods, far from any dealership. Up here where gas is more expensive than elsewhere, folks aren't always looking for the biggest. Sometimes, small is brilliantly better than big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back