Ferrari unveils new management team to face electrification challenge

Europeans are very big on political correctness. And regardless if you love or hate electric vehicles, they are extremely politically correct. And I mean that strictly from a sales standpoint, not a political one.

Going "green" is a big thing. From everything from toilet paper, to how you get to the store. And in today's world perception is everything.

An electric Ferrari..... Sounds as exciting as watching latex paint dry in humidity.
The gas ones already had a tendency to catch fire, I can only imagine how Electrification of Ferrari will go.

If they are even still going the Turbo route.. My Ferrari will be about 30 years old. I know this. Electric Ferrari just sounds like a disaster, . (Not liked a Ferrari since the F12 really.)

If they want to go green, just hire an Irish dude!
EB7639C0-978B-4FC2-9309-3385E928E698.jpeg

This Irishman got punched by Ayrton Senna.

Last edited:
Full electrification? Traditional Ferrari buyers are not going to buy these, not at Ferrari prices. A hybrid? Yes (maybe). A battery EV? No. The wealthy Ferrari owners that I know might have a Tesla in their million dollar garage to run around town in, but a BEV Ferrari? Not a chance.

Europeans are very big on political correctness. And regardless if you love or hate electric vehicles, they are extremely politically correct. And I mean that strictly from a sales standpoint, not a political one.

Going "green" is a big thing. From everything from toilet paper, to how you get to the store. And in today's world perception is everything.
They are making airline companies flying empty planes to keep airport slots. Yesterday unions came out and said that there were18,000 bogus flights within EU since new COVID wave, but yeah, push EV bcs. CO2.

Absolutely disgusting.

Just write Ferrari off right now... Maserati Ghibli GTS or older Ferrari. I like F12, 456, 550, 575M, FF and maybe whatever replaced the FF. Maybe a 599. Any 612, Magnum 308 and 328, Mondial, Dino, 348, 355, 360, 430 ? excluded ..

Yep. You'd think that one day people would realize that car culture is about more than just performance. An electric Ferrari could be the fastest car on the planet and very few enthusiasts would care, let alone want one. I've wanted a Ferrari for as long as I can remember. I do not want an electric Ferrari. Fortunately, Italy and Ferrari understand this, which is why they're still fighting to get Ferrari and Lamborghini excluded from the EU ICE ban.

Yep. You'd think that one day people would realize that car culture is about more than just performance. An electric Ferrari could be the fastest car on the planet and very few enthusiasts would care, let alone want one. I've wanted a Ferrari for as long as I can remember. I do not want an electric Ferrari. Fortunately, Italy and Ferrari understand this, which is why they're still fighting to get Ferrari and Lamborghini excluded from the EU ICE ban.
I think Lamborghini is hanging on by a thread too, super high Audi influence.. I would drive an Urus (what is with these horrible names.) Which is an Audi RSQ8... Just looks nicer. And I am OK with that. A sporty, mid-size family hauler, I will never believe a Q7 or Q8 is full size, anything large German/Euro tends to be on the larger size of an American Midsize.

The new Countach.. I like it, but I will never own one, there are too many cars I like more.

I'll take a Miami Vice 512TR for $90,000.

I think we're all failing to realize a new breed of enthusiasts are growing in numbers exponentially. This group has money and is willing to spend it. Hybrid and EV adopters as well as newer generation drivers who never drove ICE vehicles enough to become gear heads. I'm sure Ferrari didn't come to this decision without extensive market study.

Without making it an opinion fest, I think electric motors as being developed now are vastly superior to gas. It's the battery, it always has been the battery for 100 years. But it's getting closer to eclipsing gas year by year.

Back