FCS struts from Rock Auto?

Over 6 months since Mando quick strut install and the ride quality is great. I would use this brand again.
@B1974 any further reviews?

Looking at rear shocks for my son's Forte on RA. Mando @ $22.79, FCS @ $32.70, KYB Gas-a-Just @ $58.79 each respectively.

It's older, 2010 with 177k on it. I don't know if they were ever done before I bought it used 4 years and 34k miles ago.

I just drove it for 2 hours and the rear is very unsettled on bumps especially on turns. Also hits bump stops right away on speed bumps with anyone sitting in the back. Probably needs springs also but don't really want to sink a lot into it but still keeping it safe for my son to drive.

@B1974 any further reviews?

Looking at rear shocks for my son's Forte on RA. Mando @ $22.79, FCS @ $32.70, KYB Gas-a-Just @ $58.79 each respectively.

It's older, 2010 with 177k on it. I don't know if they were ever done before I bought it used 4 years and 34k miles ago.

I just drove it for 2 hours and the rear is very unsettled on bumps especially on turns. Also hits bump stops right away on speed bumps with anyone sitting in the back. Probably needs springs also but don't really want to sink a lot into it but still keeping it safe for my son to drive.
Why would anyone buy FCS when Mando is actually less expensive????

I've never heard of either one of those brands. I've heard of KYB though; that's what I got up front. The rears have to be Monroe because they're air shocks that are part of the automatic level control. If I had a car that had struts on all 4 corners, I'd get KYB.

(by the way, no quick struts!)

I've never heard of either one of those brands. I've heard of KYB though; that's what I got up front. The rears have to be Monroe because they're air shocks that are part of the automatic level control. If I had a car that had struts on all 4 corners, I'd get KYB.

(by the way, no quick struts!)
Mando allegedly OEMs some H/K (which, based upon the original Terminator, I'm still convinced is Hunter Killers)

I hadn't really heard of either one. Probably glanced over them at times on RA. I did KYB's on my Sonata from RA.

The Mando for the Kia is listed as MANDO 13A5006 Original Equipment Info
One of our most popular parts
Rear and in the "original ride quality" section with FCS and Monroe OE Spectrum being only other available currently.

PRT is listed under "economy" section and $7 more than Mando.

The KYB only choice is under "increased handling/stability". Some searches say the gas-a-just is definitely firmer. Normally I'm good with that but not sure as it's not the best riding vehicle to start with.

He frequently takes my '17 Accord 6MT on trips now as it's larger, newer, better on fuel, quieter and rides better.

The FCS and KYB both say Monotube. Mando and Monroe both show twin tube after a bit of search.

Last edited:
Mando's are working as they should, I would buy Mando quick struts again.

I've also used KYB's in the past on a Olds Intrigue and they are a good product as well. I've never used Monroe's and I'm pretty sure I never will.
Thanks to everyone for the quick replies.

for $62 shipped I'll probably try the Mando's as OE listing. They might outlast the rest of the vehicle and have to be better than what is in there currently.

Supposedly Sensen or FCS is the supplier for MasterPro(O’Reilly) or Duralast(Autozone) so that also gets you a “lifetime” warranty but with more markup that Rock.

I’d rather install Monroe or Gabriel than either of those IMO.
MasterPro is Sensen. They were OK on the Escape. Compared to the blown old ones. I think the OE ones rode better til one blew suddenly and made my car all derpy and bouncy. We don’t warranty many of them compared to how many we sell. They finally come in black… so many people complained about the gray paint being ugly. Not sure why they’re looking so closely behind their tires but hey, people are weird like that.

MasterPro is Sensen. They were OK on the Escape. Compared to the blown old ones. I think the OE ones rode better til one blew suddenly and made my car all derpy and bouncy. We don’t warranty many of them compared to how many we sell. They finally come in black… so many people complained about the gray paint being ugly. Not sure why they’re looking so closely behind their tires but hey, people are weird like that.
Compared to Monroe or KYB, how’s the return rate?

I wouldn’t touch Monroe/Rancho with a Ford-Excursion-length pole. Hard to compare to KYB though simply because of how much more Monroe we sell.
Yea, my reasoning for Monroe is warranty and ol’ American pride. But if the Chinesium part is better, then it’s a hard call.

Thanks to everyone for the quick replies.

for $62 shipped I'll probably try the Mando's as OE listing. They might outlast the rest of the vehicle and have to be better than what is in there currently.
Reviving old thread. Finally almost a year later, Mando's coming via Rock Auto for $58 shipped (with RA discount code listed here at BITOG). Life, time, energy got in the way. New tires just went on, need to get alignment done, even though all wearing well. Might want to do rear springs at shop depending on price.

In any event, I had the Mando's in my RA cart. I decided to call local dealer just to see price. When the parts guys looks it up and says "WHAT? This can't be right", he look up other trim levels also. He says he would need to order them and they would be $218 per shock, the part, not installed :eek: :oops:. He said if it was his he would install something else. I called another dealer, same thing but $221 each. *** that's 10x the price per shock for a one bolt, one nut, plain jane shock absorber.

Went back to RA and completed my check out. I figured I would check because dealer was cheaper than Amazon for the PCV valve I bought a couple weeks ago.

I removed some Monroe Quickstruts on a vehicle that failed (noisy bearing) after just over 1 year.

Installed some Sensen replacements I purchased on Amazon. The Sensen quickstruts seem to perform better than the Monroe.

I'll never buy Monroe Quickstruts again.

Reactions: D60
I put a set of Sensen's on a family member's Altima maybe 6 years ago. Every so often I give it the bounce test when I see them. The shocks/struts still seem to be more or less functional.

Reactions: D60
Back