Favorite budget tire?

I have a 99 Saab 93 convertible that is only driven for pleasure about 1000 miles per year. When not used its garaged I need new tires as the current tires are over 12 years old. Since it’s just a pleasure car
What is a good budget brand tire?

I have a 99 Saab 93 convertible that is only driven for pleasure about 1000 miles per year. When not used its garaged I need new tires as the current tires are over 12 years old. Since it’s just a pleasure car
What is a good budget brand tire?
Three things I don't want to save money at the expense of quality: brake parts, vehicle fluids, and tires.

I have used ten plus year old Michelin tires that have been flawless. Spend an extra $200 USD for Michelins, and sleep well at night for the next decade.

I've had good luck buying used tires from private sellers. It doesn't matter if they're a bit worn so long as they aren't old, since they'll rot before they wear out if you're only putting on 1k miles per year. Don't forget to do a smoke show before swapping the old ones out.

Three things I don't want to save money at the expense of quality: brake parts, vehicle fluids, and tires.

I have used ten plus year old Michelin tires that have been flawless. Spend an extra $200 USD for Michelins, and sleep well at night for the next decade.
Eh, my old michelin experience has been they lost all their wet grip just like any other old tire... I really should replace the 8 year old Defenders on my Focus as their wet grip is dropping fast now.

Tires are supposed to be changed every 6 years.

At only 1000 miles a year, I’d just put the cheapest set (Made in USA, Canada, or Korea)on from your local tire dealer.
That is what I was thinking. Just looking for a brand recommendations

When I bought my 1985 190D last year, I was taking it across country, from Redding, CA. I realized around Bakersfield that I had some metal in the otherwise fine Michelin tires. Not wanting to chance it, I had to figure out my options fast, in an oddball 14” side. Walmart carried USA made Douglas tires, and the one in Henderson, NV had the right size in stock. Had them installed, and drove the rest. I’ve been very pleased. Never would have thought it.

They make an H rated one that would be better suited for the Saab. I’d give them a look…

Back