Fastest Piston Fighter Of WWII

The Dornier was a very interesting aircraft indeed; however, when I first saw your thread title I immediately thought "TA-152". Only a couple mph slower, but an absolutely incredible aircraft and way ahead of its time, especially the H model.

The Germans sure knew their stuff. But, their greatest ideas/inventions came out too late in the war.
America came out ahead by getting their scientist and inventions. ;)

My grandfather (my mothers father) was a Munich graduate in 1927 with a Mechanical Engineer degree. He was taken into the SA/Brown Shirts which became the SS. He was used to help design/build tanks and other mechanized vehicles. He became a Panzer tank commander in the 2nd Division.

The SA did not become the SS. They were rivals. Although the SA existed before the SS, the SS arrested and then executed all SA members, including SA leader Ernst Rohm, around 1933 or 1934. Look it up. If grandpa survived the purge, he was lucky.

SA existed till the end of the war, so yes, not SA became SS, individuals became SS.
My mother told me about his induction into the SS. He had no choice. His genealogy had to be confirmed back to the 1700's to be an SS soldier. His uniforms all had SS on them. His rank was equivalent to a Major at his time of surrender.
I can only go by what my mother told me about his induction into the SS. But, he was not involved in ANY war crimes.
I did see the tattoo that the SS received under their left tricep area on him.

The SA did not become the SS. They were rivals. Although the SA existed before the SS, the SS arrested and then executed all SA members, including SA leader Ernst Rohm, around 1933 or 1934. Look it up. If grandpa survived the purge, he was lucky.
My grandfather lived until he was 95. He could have been older, I really don't know. My dad told me this. I know he was born in 1905 and graduated in 1927 from Munich University (22 years old). My mom died in 1981. I was 17 years old. My grandfather didn't know how to speak much English. We visited them in Germany when I was 6 years old (1970) and 14 years old (1978).

Former SA and SS, police and judges, pediatricians and butchers told all sorts of ahistorical stories within and beyond their "thousand-year Reich". German ones and ostmärkische – the austrian ones were actually overrepresented in the guard units of death camps.
In reality just the "große Ariernachweis" alone meant much of a choice instead of an inevitable. But carry on as you see fit, easy enough to read...

Our general intellectual bancruptcy, brain drain and slaughter always explained more of so many Wunderwaffen concepts and other technical misperformance than sabotage in true resistance ever could. Deutsche Ideologie in Wort und Tat und Bruch.

Last edited:
Former SA and SS, police and judges, pediatricians and butchers told all sorts of ahistorical stories within and beyond their "thousand-year Reich". German ones and ostmärkische – the austrian ones were actually overrepresented in the guard units of death camps.
In reality just the "große Ariernachweis" alone meant much of a choice instead of an inevitable. But carry on as you see fit, easy enough to read...

Our general intellectual bancruptcy, brain drain and slaughter always explained more of so many Wunderwaffen concepts and other technical misperformance than sabotage in true resistance ever could. Deutsche Ideologie in Wort und Tat und Bruch.
I don't quite understand your point. Did I mention something that is wrong? I'm quite sure my mom didn't make things up or my dad would have corrected her. I'm trying to understand you, but it's kind of confusing. 🤷‍♂️ :unsure:

Blingo, are you are using a translating service?

Would you be willing to write your response in your native language, then use "Google translate"?

Last edited:
Let’s stick to airplanes, shall we? Commentary on political ideologies and right/wrong side of history are off topic.

I am, as is often the case, baffled by Blingo. I have no idea what his post says.
Sorry Astro.
I'm proud of my mothers side of the family because of their German heritage. I'm also very proud of my grandfather because he was a very smart man. What he did in WWII was a job. Just like what you and l did in the military, our job.

Certainly not trying to help, BlueOvalFitter. Didn't intend to add even that much more

but have kind of enforced answers now to attach in a last entry here: No translators involved, except for when looking up a word like frictive or when deciding on an expression or rhyme. Essentially it's more like miniatures and maieutic neither having too many loud readers nor being interested in finding own claquers.

I'm generally fundamentally incompatible and could impossibly stay in this forum as I don't even plan to note what these or those may want me to write down. What I can concede is my faith in the moderation and administration to just end the unbearable and ban me as soon as you see fit – and what I promise is to never reregister. Until then I'll just remain rather content not feeling the same embrace. Baba

Last edited:
A bit more on topic, when I was in Strausberg, Germany at the Stemme glider factory, I stayed in the old "tower" which has been converted into dorms. Next door was a small, but rather interesting aviation museum (flugplatzmuseum) and inside was a table with a number of German WW-II aviation "engine parts" which I found fascinating. I can't find online pictures of these parts at that museum, and I'm not at all sure where my pics went.

Even at a casual glance, there was no question the quality and engineering of the parts was superb. These are parts designed in the 1930's and early 1940's. They were clearly superior to the parts we commonly use today in General Aviation. Well designed ports, large valves, adequate cooling, etc. I found myself admiring the quality.

1920.jpg

The Deutsches Museum in Munich has some truly excellent displays of aircraft and airplane technology through the years. It includes a V-1 on display as well. If you find yourself in Munich, well worth a visit.

Certainly not trying to help, BlueOvalFitter. Didn't intend to add even that much more

but have kind of enforced answers now to attach in a last entry here: No translators involved, except for when looking up a word like frictive or when deciding on an expression or rhyme. Essentially it's more like miniatures and maieutic neither having too many loud readers nor being interested in finding own claquers.

I'm generally fundamentally incompatible and could impossibly stay in this forum as I don't even plan to note what these or those may want me to write down. What I can concede is my faith in the moderation and administration to just end the unbearable and ban me as soon as you see fit – and what I promise is to never reregister. Until then I'll just remain rather content not feeling the same embrace. Baba

Blingo - I have nothing against you, it’s just that I don’t understand your posts. I really don’t understand this one, either, but you seem to imply that we, the mods, want to ban you.

I assure you that’s not true, we give you the benefit of the doubt on your posts. If we don’t understand what you’re saying, we assume that you’re within guidelines.

And you’re welcome here as long as you stay within guidelines. Call it “innocent until proven guilty” if you like.

Don't panic, I do not imply wishing and wanting, I only promised that I won't register a second time and mentioned that the ban will be fine. I may try to become more explicit to help accelerate, but either way: In the end no breaks and circumstances for me, please.

The rest was mere explaining – not of importance and certainly never of interest in the mansplaining millionaires' forum.
Back to topic – by now it would be a pity if this didn't stay at the top. But that's what you're risking when you're here to kill :cool:

Back