Warhawk Air Museum, Nampa Idaho . WWII fighter planes.

Yesterday, I went to the Warhawk Air Museum in Nampa Idaho, it had military memorabilia displays and aircraft from WW I through Vietnam. There were a few air worthy WW II fighters that they take out and fly in airshows. What Caught my attention for some reason was the P 51 Mustang because as a kid I built a U control model that came out so well I never flew it. Back on point, I have seen many fly in air shows doing flight demos but to be at the end of the wing without any one around gave me time to ponder upon its beauty. What I found most interesting is how tiny the Fighters mostly were. The P51 is tiny I wondered if abroad shouldered pilot would fit into the cockpit. I was tearing up at its beauty. I am going back to look at the Mustang for a while then go to the Huey to ponder the brilliance of the designers, the builders, the maintenance personnel and the pilots flying them.

At the wings over the Rockies museum, it was just the opposite. I didn't realize how big an F-14 really was until I stood next to one. Even a Mig 15 and F-86 were much larger than I realized.

Yesterday, I went to the Warhawk Air Museum in Nampa Idaho, it had military memorabilia displays and aircraft from WW I through Vietnam. There were a few air worthy WW II fighters that they take out and fly in airshows. What Caught my attention for some reason was the P 51 Mustang because as a kid I built a U control model that came out so well I never flew it. Back on point, I have seen many fly in air shows doing flight demos but to be at the end of the wing without any one around gave me time to ponder upon its beauty. What I found most interesting is how tiny the Fighters mostly were. The P51 is tiny I wondered if abroad shouldered pilot would fit into the cockpit. I was tearing up at its beauty. I am going back to look at the Mustang for a while then go to the Huey to ponder the brilliance of the designers, the builders, the maintenance personnel and the pilots flying them.
Make sure it's not one of the 3/4 scale Mustangs... I live in Caldwell and the last I remember, there's a company here in the valley that makes 3/4 scale Mustangs, iirc, those are the ones they actually fly...

At the wings over the Rockies museum, it was just the opposite. I didn't realize how big an F-14 really was until I stood next to one. Even a Mig 15 and F-86 were much larger than I realized.
The first time I worked on an aircraft carrier back in the 90s, the F-18 and F-14 were both in service and on deck. Seeing them side by side, I was surprised how much bigger the F-14 is.

At the wings over the Rockies museum there is a B52 out front and I was surprised at how small it was in person.

The first time I worked on an aircraft carrier back in the 90s, the F-18 and F-14 were both in service and on deck. Seeing them side by side, I was surprised how much bigger the F-14 is.
Both are large planes, the F-14 being surprisingly large. We tend to think of jet fighters as being small-ish but they’re not

Back