Facebook Marketplace now charging for ads?

When I go to update this $75 auto parts ad I have running, it says it will cost me $45 for 3 days. ***?

FB AD cost.jpg

And if I don't confirm, it says, Your changes will be lost if you exit now. Are you sure you want to leave?

You can list it for free in Facebook Marketplace but what you’re trying to do is make it an advertisement to either push it to the top of the list or make it appear in someone’s Newsfeed.
I didn't try to do anything but modify the ad a bit. This is the first time I've seen this. Just seems confusing.

Did you try the "Select custom budget & duration" link at the bottom of the Daily Budget section? I wonder if there is a free option in there that they want to make you dig for.

probably for placement perference. when someone does a search your item will come up first. you will be surprised at how many people buy the first item that come up. supermarkets have perfected this strategy

My thought on this. About 2-3 years ago I sold a lot of items on FB Marketplace, I would get a ton of hits and interest almost instantly.

Now they are making you pay for views, you can sell something for free, but it will get very little views.

I have been sharing to groups also.

I paid for a $3 ad, and it generated little to no traction.

I have been getting much more traction on OfferUP, and not dealing with FB at all.

Back