F250 Tremor King Ranch

Isn’t the Tremor mainly a cosmetics package like Toyota does with the TRD Sport/Off-Road package on the Tacoma/Tundra and Chevy’s Trail Boss?

They make Super Duty Tremors in both gas and diesel. We have a 7.3L gas one on the lot right now for about $74K. I think you can only order it in the Lariat, Platnium, and King Ranch trim levels. The Lariats are nice because you can also add the Lariat Blackout Package which gets rid of all the ugly chrome.

The diesel F-250s I think were all Lariats or Platniums and were in the 83-85K range. The gas ones end up being a fair amount less. We had one in AntiMatter blue that I really wanted, but couldn't rationalize the $1,500/mo payment. Also they keep ordering them with the glass roof, which although the failures are nice being a parts person paid on commission, I don't want to own one. The one that looks black in the picture was one of the AnitMatter blue diesels with the blackout package. Also what is keeping me from buying one is being scared to scratch it, or use it as a truck.

IMG_9683.jpg

Isn’t the Tremor mainly a cosmetics package like Toyota does with the TRD Sport/Off-Road package on the Tacoma/Tundra and Chevy’s Trail Boss?
It has specific Rancho (meh) shocks, along with locking front and rear diffs. Also on the Tremor for an extra $3k you can have a Warn winch installed from the factory.

It has specific Rancho (meh) shocks, along with locking front and rear diffs. Also on the Tremor for an extra $3k you can have a Warn winch installed from the factory.
Yea, sounds like Ford’s take on the Z71 GM RPO and TRD Pro with Toyota.

Driv really wants GM and Ford to hype up Rancho, while Toyota differentiates with Bilstein on their trucks.

Years ago, a Lexus LS/Mercedes S-Class/Range Rover parked at your house was a status symbol. Now, trucks have jumped that shark.

The new Tremor package brings more off-road versatility to the 2021 Ford Super Duty F-250/F-350 models. The 2021 Super Duty Tremor Package includes 18" matte-finished black wheels that are covered with 35" Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires, a 2" front-end lift, 10.8" of ground clearance, 33" of water fording capability, and a shorter air dam. You can expect a great ride with the new 2021 Ford F-250 Tremor due to the suspension upgrades, rear stabilizer bar, and 1.7" piston twin-tube dampers.

Is BOF shocked at the price or that they got sticker? The price isn't surprising for the truck and neither is getting MSRP in today's reality. Smaller town dealers are getting MSRP with no discounting, in the cities (Phoenix) they're marking them above sticker $5k and more.

Last week the local GMC/Buick dealer had 1 new truck and NOTHING ELSE but used. The Chevy dealer had only 2 new utility bed HDs and the Dodge place had 2 -2022 $85k trucks. No they're not going to deal. But you're going to get stupid money for your decent trade if you know enough to not get hosed.

Every new Subaru is presold before it gets delivered and Toyotas are almost the same. (GMC/Buick/Subaru/Toyota dealership)

I'm just waiting for the Mustang Mach e, with the bronco, sasquatch, super duty, godzilla, king ranch, tremor package...

The average household income for someone buying a new F150 is $82K per year. The income jumps to over 100K for the average new F250 buyer.

If you wanna drive something that looks like a matchbox "car", look no further than the Shelby Super Baja F250.

DSC00636.jpg

The average household income for someone buying a new F150 is $82K per year. The income jumps to over 100K for the average new F250 buyer.

If you wanna drive something that looks like a matchbox "car", look no further than the Shelby Super Baja F250.

View attachment 73719
Gonna take something on tracks to pull him out …

Yea, sounds like Ford’s take on the Z71 GM RPO and TRD Pro with Toyota.

Driv really wants GM and Ford to hype up Rancho, while Toyota differentiates with Bilstein on their trucks.

Years ago, a Lexus LS/Mercedes S-Class/Range Rover parked at your house was a status symbol. Now, trucks have jumped that shark.
My personal preference would have been Bilstein or Fox. Fox does make shocks for the Super Duty trucks as well as the OEM vendor for the Raptor. Those are fun to sell BTW. For some reason people see a billet shock housing and then get surprised when they aren't the $29.99 Sears special.

Not sure about the F250 but the F150 gets decent shocks instead of the basic Rancho/Bilsteins that come on the TrailBoss/TRD Pro. at least they seem to be a step up.. Hard to say unless someone takes the apart. Tremor package comes with a 2" level like the Trail Boss but arguably better shocks. The main addition is the option to add on a Torsen locker for the Front Differential.. That's quite a big improvement. TrailBoss and TRD Pro come with open front diffs. You would have to get the new Silverado ZR2 for a front locker. Which is an "E-Locker" on the ZR2 vs the LSD Torsen on the Tremor F150.

I like the concept and it's a cool looking truck but going with the Diesel instead of a Supercharged V8 was a mistake.

No kidding. I'm so ashamed of the Ranchos on the new Sierra I peeled the stickers off but the white body and red boot give it away. Someday Bilsteins.
At least the red theme Ranchos goes with the GMC logo. My Ranchos are still holding up. Only 70,000 miles though. I don't really have a preference when it comes to shocks.

Is BOF shocked at the price or that they got sticker? The price isn't surprising for the truck and neither is getting MSRP in today's reality. Smaller town dealers are getting MSRP with no discounting, in the cities (Phoenix) they're marking them above sticker $5k and more.

Last week the local GMC/Buick dealer had 1 new truck and NOTHING ELSE but used. The Chevy dealer had only 2 new utility bed HDs and the Dodge place had 2 -2022 $85k trucks. No they're not going to deal. But you're going to get stupid money for your decent trade if you know enough to not get hosed.

Every new Subaru is presold before it gets delivered and Toyotas are almost the same. (GMC/Buick/Subaru/Toyota dealership)
My son tells me that they DO get sticker price a lot.
The town that the dealership my son works at, is in a town that USED to be a small Cajun town. It's on the outskirts of Baton Rouge. I can't say WHY here on this forum, but it's now almost as big as Baton Rouge. A LOT of the people from Baton Rouge are moving there for "THE SAME" reason. 🤐 🤐 🤐

My son tells me that they DO get sticker price a lot.
The town that the dealership my son works at, is in a town that USED to be a small Cajun town. It's on the outskirts of Baton Rouge. I can't say WHY here on this forum, but it's now almost as big as Baton Rouge. A LOT of the people from Baton Rouge are moving there for "THE SAME" reason. 🤐 🤐 🤐

Demographics?

Back