Test drove a $2200 one-eyed Buick today.

A guy breaks into a McDonald's then a car dealership then damages several cars and is thus called a "tweaker"?

Three cheers for regional idioms.....I suppose?

I walk if I even think there's been an overheat event. Most of the general public doesn't know how important it is to pull over and shut down as soon as the gauge starts going high. I'm betting it overheated a few times on the previous owner and they just dumped it. Caution.

They were actually selling that thing with all the issues before the headlight mishap?

How low can the dealers sink...
They weren’t. It was a customer car in for a new transmission. They bought it off of her after it was hit, or at least that’s the story they told me.

A guy breaks into a McDonald's then a car dealership then damages several cars and is thus called a "tweaker"?

Three cheers for regional idioms.....I suppose?
A tweaker is someone who is high on meth, which this individual allegedly was.

I suppose he could have been on his way to Wednesday night bingo and fellowship, but tweaked out on meth seems the more likely explanation.

I might offer "At auction after their fees and your expenses of getting it to them you'll net $793.42 so I'll give you $800 and save you some hassles." Probably not as the issues seem too significant but that would be my approach I think.

Too bad on the Buick, overheating would scare me. Chances are the block is fine, but what about the heads? seems like worst case is that the motor is junk, and now you're out quite a bit more.

On the Mazda, did you get under it? Make sure it's not some Northern state refugee looking for a new home. But it sounds like the better bet.

Back