External coolers on a 2005 MDX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
You want either the OE spring clamps or the Fuel Injection clamps, which are much better than a worm gear clamp (which are junk).

Yes; I couldn't find the t-bolt style clamps large enough for the radiator (but I did use them everywhere else).

I think the guy on the Honda forum is right about the hoses lasting essentially forever. I have new ones on order (only 18 bucks apiece at the local Acura dealer) and they'll be going on along with the OE spring clamps.

I like the factory spring clamps, but I also never really change hoses anymore. Modern radiator hoses don't fail like they used to.

New OE hoses are on (Yamashita Rubber is the OE manufacturer, EPDM/PA66 blend is marked on the outside of the hose) and I used the factory 130k mile spring clamps. So far, it looks pretty good. Post mortem on the Dayco hoses revealed leakage not due to to the clamps chewing through the rubber, but due to the dadgum little red plastic string they hang the hoses with. Once you remove the string to install the hose, there's obviously a little hole left there. Both hoses were leaking from the ONE end that had that little string. The other end of each hose was leak-free.

What the heck is someone supposed to do about that hole?

I think I will take these hoses back to Advance and try to get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back