Extended oil change using REDLINE 10W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
My FiT Aria currently running Redline 10w-30 for almost 7 months clocking about 9k plus kilometres. I intend to extend the OCI to 15K but am worry the additives depleted to unacceptable level and TBN may not be ideal. Any comments please.

Only one way to find out, used oil analysis. Redline is generally good up to 10k miles on average depending on the engine type driving conditions etc.. It's not quite as long drain capable as Mobil 1 or Amsoil. It's built more to handle absurd temperatures and high load.

9000 kilometers, or 9000 miles? 15,000 kilometers is only 9300 miles. The only way to know for sure would be a UOA, but the US maintenance interval for a Fit with the same 1.5 liter engine has a computer system that is actually about 9000 miles for many users. I would say if you don't do any severe or mostly city driving that would be reasonable to do without a UOA, though near the end of that. I'd do 10,000 or 12,000 kilometers without a second thought.

When you hear people here running a 15k OCI, that's 15,000 miles, not kilometers. You're nowhere near "long oci" territory at under 10,000 miles. Honda has be recommending 7500 mile OCI's here since the early 90's.

Last edited:
More info on the US Honda service intervals and the MM system:

An "A" means an oil change. Not a filter, just oil. Most dealers, mine included, do an oil and filter change. An "A" is almost universally accompanied by a "1" (tire rotation). On most vehicles this averages 7-8k miles but we have seen them as low as 3400 miles on hard-driven Civics with MTs to has high as 11500 miles on AT Fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back