Experiences with GM Overseas Distribution Corp

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might have read the previous threads about my dealership service experience and engine/drivetrain warranty.

So in light of this, we decided to contact the General Motors Overseas Distribution Corporation in Dubai. Although my experiences with them have been horrible when I contacted them regarding my uncle's Denali, I was hoping that was a one off and we would get answers to our question. The main reason behind this was the extended warranty, which this '07 Tahoe Z71 should still be covered by.

So a whole month past by, and no response. Not even a confirmation to say they had received our email, just like last time. Tried calling them up, and nobody would even answer the call, let alone resolve the issue. When we finally managed to get through to somebody, he did not have a clue what we were on about. Nothing had changed.

So last week, we finally received a response. The response wasn't a reply to our query, but rather asking for a phone number to contact us on. Haven't heard anything since. We never received a response when we contacted them regarding exactly the same issue for my uncle's '09 Yukon Denali either. That, and my uncle had to pay money to resolve an automatic climate control issue that should have been covered under warranty. To add insult to injury, the service manager accused us of "abusing the air conditioning system" with under 2,000 km (1,250 miles) on the vehicle at the time. Just how do you "abuse" an air conditioning system anyway?

I suppose it's safe to say I am avoiding GM products regardless of how good they may be. I'm a huge fan of the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon, especially the GMT900 models. But if this is their idea of a customer contact center, then maybe GMODC should reconsidering their idea of a business. Looking to share my experiences in the local papers, but heaven only knows what good that would be.

Not to create a "Ford vs. GM" thread, but I contacted Ford North America several times for four of my vehicles that were not even under warranty coverage. They went as far as posting me the build sheets I asked for, without even telling me to contact my dealership or Ford Middle East. At least some understand the theory of customer service and satisfaction.

Sounds like GM really needs to do some work on public relations and look at what companies they are doing business with in the middle east.

Then again, some people in my family have had major issues with GM and dealers in the United States as well. That was several years ago, but the memory lingers. It was nothing quite this bad, but there was a lot of the same attitude.

Regarding your uncle's warranty issues on the climate control system, I wonder if the dealership charged him and also billed GM for the work. How exactly can one abuse the climate control system, other than hitting it with a hammer or something ridiculous like that?

I sent you a PM with a contact to reach to help you. This guy is the head of all Middle East operations...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back