Everstart Max worth 2x Everstart Value?

Hey folks. I am looking at the everstart value (59) and max (120). Do you think the max will really last 2x+ of the value one? My current battery is an AAA premium manufactured fall 16 installed march 17 that's on it's last legs, so about 5.5 years. Located in SE USA winters around 30-40 with lows of 15 or so. I have a Li ion jump pack so getting stranded isn't a massive deal. I think it might be worth the experiment of the value one.

I've always gotten cheap batteries and most of the red duralasts and other cheap batteries I've gotten have lasted me on average 5-8 years. One lasted 11. I've had a couple of duds but warranty pulled through.

I have purchased the Maxx in the past and have gotten between 6 and 9 years out of them (Group 65). A month ago, I needed a new one and could only purchase the Everstart Value because I took the last Group 65 the store had. So, I am doing an experiment on the value line anyway. I do highly recommend the Maxx if it is available.

Jeez 6-9 years. Do you do anything special to maintain the battery? Rakuten has 10% cashback on Walmart automotive right now.

Jeez 6-9 years. Do you do anything special to maintain the battery? Rakuten has 10% cashback on Walmart automotive right now.
No. I just make sure the trucks get run and keep a decent charge on the battery that way. In contrast, an Interstate Megatron battery purchased from an independent garage several years ago couldn't make it 24 mos out of a 36 mo warranty period.

Hey folks. I am looking at the everstart value (59) and max (120). Do you think the max will really last 2x+ of the value one? My current battery is an AAA premium manufactured fall 16 installed march 17 that's on it's last legs, so about 5.5 years. Located in SE USA winters around 30-40 with lows of 15 or so. I have a Li ion jump pack so getting stranded isn't a massive deal. I think it might be worth the experiment of the value one.
You're not, just, buying one battery; You're buying a battery, a warranty, and a replacement battery. Buy the Maxx with 3x the warranty. I bought my 24 f Maxx about 1 year ago on sale for $88.

Last edited:
I have three vehicles, each with an Everstart. Maxx The age of each one is 6, 8 and 10 years old now. You get what you pay for.

Reactions: FZ1
The everstart value battery in my Trailblazer is still ok, my dad bought it for his Bravada 4 years ago, then his car died and when I took him home one day, my battery died, so I took the battery out of his car and it's lasted 3 winters so far.. knock on wood.

No it is not worth 2x. For the 24F Clarios versions the difference seems to be 1 plate per cell (6 vs 7) and warranty of course. Indeed the Value battery measured 695cca when new (585 rated) vs ~785cca (700 rated) for the Maxx (yes I measured them in the store on the rack before I purchased). so you get 16% more lead, and 13% more cca, and 2yrs extra warrant for 2x the price. Will the Maxx last 16% longer? maybe, but it will not last 2x and is not worth 2x the price imho.

i've got 2yrs on the Value 24F in wife's minivan. it's still measuring ~680cca. at this rate it'll last 10yrs. I'll be sure to post when it dies.

my cars never take the value battery so i have to buy the max.
On that Escape, assuming it doesn't have stop-start probably takes a 96R, they don't even sell a value or a Maxx battery that fits it, only the mid-tier battery with the 2 year warranty, which I wouldn't pay for, I've always had my suspicion that it's essentially the same exact battery as the 1 year battery they just charge twice as much for the longer warranty, when I change my dad's I ended up taking out both spacers in the box and cramming an H7 AGM battery in there, since the AGM now has a 4 year replacement warranty and was only a few bucks more than a Maxx H7.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing @sky jumper . I believe my car is a 24f as well (3.5l accord 2009). Wow the 585 cold crank value was really 700? That's impressive. I think we'll try the value here and if I get close to 3 years it's a winner. If it's only 1-2 years no big foul.

Thanks for sharing @sky jumper . I believe my car is a 24f as well (3.5l accord 2009). Wow the 585 cold crank value was really 700? That's impressive. I think we'll try the value here and if I get close to 3 years it's a winner. If it's only 1-2 years no big foul.
I suggest taking a voltmeter to the store and measuring voltage of the battery to ensure you get a fresh one. Don't buy it unless it's at least 12.6V or so (ok maybe 12.56 is acceptable) but nothing <12.5. Don't trust the date stickers they can change them (yes I've been burned by that...)

Ok thanks for the tip. I placed a online order so I can get the 10% cashback and have it reserved, but I'll bring my voltmeter and see if I can swap it if it's under 12.5.

I believe my car is a 24f as well (3.5l accord 2009).
That's the spec'd battery. You could also use a 35 (can't remember if there's a letter) in that vehicle. I believe the 4-cylinder would use it normally and it's not really that much "weaker".

Good to know Hall. That one has lower amps and is the same price, so I won't bother. My current battery says 24f-c but sounds like it's the same thing. Just curious, maybe there's a higher rated battery that would be compatible that would fit?

Although if you're down south you may get a different version of batteries we have in the north, the northern ones tend to be designed for maximizing cold cranking while the southern versions are optimized for more extreme heat.

@bluefeb95 Interesting. Is there a way to tell which version it is from the box or do I have to test them. I only have a multimeter. Fortunately it doesn't get past high 80s often where I am at.

That's the spec'd battery. You could also use a 35 (can't remember if there's a letter) in that vehicle
Yes the 35 has the same terminal polarity as the 24F. If such a thing as a 35R exists, it's really rare.

I thought 4 cylinder Accords had a 51R (really weak) but the 6 cylinder used a 35 so it was simple to drop a 35 into a 4 cylinder since the mounts are built for it.

Back