Which battery to buy from walmart lineup? - Best Value?

Hey folks my battery is on it's way out after a solid 5+ years.. Looking at grabbing the walmart one. There's a value one 585cca (59), plus 600cca (90), maxx 750cca (120)
What's your experiences? Kinda wanna try the value one for science. Looking for best value for how long they last. Does the maxx last 2x the value? I live in NC so weather isn't too bad.

Haven’t had much luck with them but the Maxx usually is the best for us. I think it really depends on who the manufacturer is at the time and for your area. The Maxx is supposed to be the best and best warranty. We had one last about 3 or 4 years. We had two Plus that one failed right before warranty went out and one right after. We don’t use them anymore as we are getting many more years out of a different brand.

Not a huge fan of the Johnson Controls manufactured Maxx batteries as trying to replace them under the warranty is always a PITA (at least near me). I almost exclusively run the East Penn Energizer batteries at Sam's Club.

I am of the opinion that the highest CCA is not always the best choice, even though the marketing tends to be good/better/best in that regard. People could answer your question better if you give more details (vehicle, climate, driving habits, etc.).

I recently chose the smaller CCA of two choices for my simple Jeep Patriot (540 vs. 690). The OEM 525CCA battery was still doing well at 9 years age, but I was being proactive for sake of dependability and this should be the last battery for this vehicle. DEKA/East Penn seems to be the current favorite at BITOG.

get the value battery. at my walmart it is the exact same as the Plus but with lesser warranty and $30 cheaper, but since it will last 4+yrs then why pay more for a warranty you will never use? The Maxx is a better battery (heavier, more lead) but not worth 2x the cost, it will not last 2x as long.
I have the ($48 at the time) Value 24F in my wife's van and after 19 months it still measures 680cca according to my battery tester (measured 690 when new).

So a TWO YEAR battery?
you are confusing battery life with warranty. just because a certain battery has a 2yr warranty doesn't mean it will only last 2yrs. in fact the 1yr Value 24F battery is the exact same product as the 2yr Plus version at my walmart. same case, same weight, same measured cca (even though they are rated differently - that is just marketing).
the 1yr Value battery will last 5yrs with proper care. I have a walmart lawn mower battery from 2014 that's still going strong I think those only have 3mo warranty.

I have one of the $50 batteries in my toyhauler and it's been amazing. Been ran flat,sat a year dead etc and still has 625 cca lol. Date code is March 18.

I've been buying those for our cars and taking the chance. So far so good. The ones here are made in Korea.

I have a Maxx Johnson Control battery in my van that is over 5 years old and starts up like a champ every time.

Most batteries I've owned gave up after 4 -5 winters so I just buy the cheapest 3year warranty batteries and take em back to Walmart before the deadline. Since it's their brand they'll replace it but give me dirty looks lol

IMO, the best Wally World battery is a Costco Interstate.
That's really saying nothing at all as Interstate is just a battery distributor like Walmart, the maker of a particular size could be by anyone. Interstate just buys their batteries from the battery makers just like Walmart and slaps their name on it. So what are you really saying?

I have one of the $50 batteries in my toyhauler and it's been amazing. Been ran flat,sat a year dead etc and still has 625 cca lol. Date code is March 18.

I've been buying those for our cars and taking the chance. So far so good. The ones here are made in Korea.
I had a value line that was less than six months old that I killed by leaving the lights on over night. It after that it was toast. It charged back up, but as soon as you put any kind of load on it, one cell would drop out. My brother had a similar experience.

That's really saying nothing at all as Interstate is just a battery distributor like Walmart, the maker of a particular size could be by anyone. Interstate just buys their batteries from the battery makers just like Walmart and slaps their name on it. So what are you really saying?
The warranty is the best in the business. Return it within warranty and they pull a new one off the shelf and say thank you.

Back