Ever been fired? Laid off or let go?

Nope. I did wake up 1.5 hours late once (had apprenticeship classes till 10pm, work started at 5am, 45 minute drive from class to home+shower/dinner), called in to tell them I won’t be in, resident donkeys rear (who I will call Donkey) was like “well just try to make it before 7” so being 19 that’s what I did…

I pulled in at 7:05 and Donkey was like “sorry, it’s after 7 you can’t work” to which my direct foreman was like “are you actually serious? He can just work 5 minutes over!” But nnnooooo that would violate donkeys stupid rule.

As I’m on my way home my foreman, who is this hard ass old school hates technology coffee chugging chain smoking but amazing machinist and mentor who apologized for nothing ever called me. He apologized for Donkey’s stupid rule, for having to send me home, and wanted to make sure I wasn’t mad at him but made it clear “it’s okay to be mad at Donkey.” I was floored, this is a man who’s stare cut through you like a scalpel, but I wasn’t mad at either of them, I was going to get a whopper and read my book on the deck all day, and had to reassure him of that 3 times. He ended with “good, I will deny this conversation ever happened. See you tomorrow. *click*”

Can’t you find out all this info online ?

I know Fidelity has this info for my pension.
It was so easy to call the nice lady and talk to a real person . She asked me what would be my last day to work . I gave her a date and she gave me a figure in a few seconds . I had a follow up question or two and all in all it was a pleasant experience . That's how I like to do things . Old school .

It was so easy to call the nice lady and talk to a real person . She asked me what would be my last day to work . I gave her a date and she gave me a figure in a few seconds . I had a follow up question or two and all in all it was a pleasant experience . That's how I like to do things . Old school .
Indeed. Nice 👍!

Back