Ethanol, please help by following the link

Status
Not open for further replies.
NMMA needs your help today to prevent EPA from increasing the amount of ethanol allowed in gasoline. Please take a moment to read this alert and take action.

On March 6, 2009, a new pro-ethanol lobbying organization called Growth Energy and 54 ethanol manufacturers formally requested that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) increase ethanol blend levels in gasoline up to 15 percent (E15). As is required by law, EPA on April 21 published a Notice for Comment in the Federal Register, beginning a 30-day public comment period that closes on May 21, 2009.

Ethanol Advocates are mobilizing their forces to submit 20,000 favorable comments to EPA requesting that the Agency grant a waiver for E15.

Let's beat them at their own game. There are 18 million boats currently in operation in the U.S., and none of them has been designed, certified or warrantied to run on anything above E10, the current maximum legal blend level. Boaters know very well that increased ethanol blends will cause performance problems with their boats and engines, increase maintenance costs, potentially pose safety risks and increase air pollution.

And yet, neither EPA nor any other federal agency has done a single test on the impacts of E15 on marine engines, fuel systems, or components. Marine engines and fuel systems are not designed, calibrated or certified to run on anything above 10 percent ethanol. We ask you to support a science first approach and urge EPA to deny the ethanol industry's E15 waiver request unless and until independent and comprehensive scientific testing is completed on a full range of marine engines and other products.

CLICK HERE for further information or to send your comments to the EPA

Please everyone click on the link. This is blatant greed by Big-Ethanol. This will do NOTHING to reduce our use of foreign oil-all it does is raise profits for an industry that makes the
price of food go up (checked the price of corn on the cob lately?)

Originally Posted By: scoobie
Please everyone click on the link. This is blatant greed by Big-Ethanol. This will do NOTHING to reduce our use of foreign oil-all it does is raise profits for an industry that makes the
I buy corn on the cob right from the farmers at their roadside fruitstands. Its pretty cheap in the summer!

This will never fly. Beyond "flex-fuel" vehicles, there isn't a single automobile that is set up to use more than a 10% concentration of the stuff.

(checked the price of corn on the cob lately?)

I try not to eat field corn. It tastes awful.

Minnesota will require a 20 percent blend by the year 2013. More stations will be selling E-85 for flex fuel vehicles.

Read yesterday that California will require a change in motor fuels there too in the near future.

We are starting to see more E-10 now here now.

Like it or not consumers don't have a lot of options in many parts of the country.

Wonder how I would feel about this if POET hadn't trashed the resume I sent them?

The 27 April Forbes has an article on the bio diesel bondoggle. Not available on line yet.

Pretty much. Ethanol passes the cost:energy balance test on the surface level, but the increase in food costs and total environmental impact makes it a loser.

We do, however, need to develop alternative liquid energy sources. This is developed. The supply chain and infrastructure are established. Any increase in ethanol content can only increase the costs and the profits and won't alter the viability of the process.

We can't produce 1600% of the stuff to replace petroleum. That doesn't even account for increased demand from an expanding customer base.

This is a consumer financed expansion of the industry. It's just like a cable or phone company charging off infrastructure expansion to current customers. Laying cable in non-profitable areas at the subscriber's expense. No risk ..all profits.

If it goes through, be poised to by ethanol producer stock.

Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
Current Natural gas prices are at or less than $4.00 per MCSF. Time for some syn fuel.

Heck, I'll just take a CNG vehicle. How can you beat being able to fill your car each night while you're at home. Add in level billing and/or fixed price contracts and what's not to love?

Got a NG compressor at home
54.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
54.gif

They've been leasing and/or selling home compressors for years. Honda introduced a CNG Civic for average consumers years ago...

If you're interested, you can buy a 2009 Honda Civic GX today. Just stop by your friendly neighborhood Honda dealer and sign the papers.

Keep in mind that the above marine test does not appear to adjust fuel additives in the ethanol treatments. So, the detergents are lower in the ethanol blends. This would not likely be the case in the "real world".

Originally Posted By: rshunter
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
54.gif

They've been leasing and/or selling home compressors for years. Honda introduced a CNG Civic for average consumers years ago...

If you're interested, you can buy a 2009 Honda Civic GX today. Just stop by your friendly neighborhood Honda dealer and sign the papers.

Thanks ....but that's not what I asked. Do you have a NG compressor at home? NO site gives the cost ..except as reported by one government program that was going to subsidize it to the tune of $2000 reducing the cost to $1500 for the consumer. Without such a subsidy, that's $3500. If you have one, I'd like to know what you paid for it and how much you're saving with it.

Sorry, I mistook your statement's meaning. I guess I've become too accustomed to boards where so many remarks are filled with innuendo.

I don't have a home compressor, and am currently waiting on pricing info. The primary supplier is FuelMaker, with their Phill unit. They have two dealers in PA which could provide you with pricing info. I'd also contact my natural gas supplier to see if they might offer some sort of subsidy program.

You can also use public CNG refueling stations around the country. There are locators available, such as Alt Fuel Prices.com and the DOE Alternative Fueling Station Locator. As an example, there are at least 4 public CNG stations within 20 miles of Pottstown.

If I remember, I'll post the pricing info when I get it.

Cheers

Some time ago there was someone that was taking Ford F150s and installing a Liquid propane injection system onto it.. Have not heard anything about it in awhile..hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back