Ester oil and nikasil cylinders, good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Olas
It was the sulphur in petrol that damaged nikasil. Either buy good fuel or use sulphur resistant liners.

We have very high quality fuels at our gas stations. European emission regulative is so strict, that low quality fuels couldn´t pass the tests.

Last edited:
Well just drained mine again. This time it has about 1500 miles on the oil. I took a sample and I am mailing it priority tomorrow.

Oil will stay out of my bike until the analysis comes back. If the 300v is good, then it is all I will use from now on.

It shifts like butter.

Originally Posted by JPowell490
Well just drained mine again. This time it has about 1500 miles on the oil. I took a sample and I am mailing it priority tomorrow.

Oil will stay out of my bike until the analysis comes back. If the 300v is good, then it is all I will use from now on.

It shifts like butter.

How come you decided to change it so early? Please post an analysis once you get back the results, although this is a motorcycle oil, I am using a car oil instead.

Because my first analysis showed a lot of metals. I have a theory that it is from the previous, left over oil where the bike sat for years. I want to check this second go around to see.

It really could be from that. After all, you are probably using the best oil on the market.

Last edited:
10.gif

Tell me about it, I sent it priority too. They have it and received it Tuesday. They take a while. Should have it this week.

Bummer on the wait! I'm probably looking as much forward to your analysis as I was getting my last one back when I did the Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w50 after just over 5,000 miles in my ZRX 1200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back