Essex Engine Plant (Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here work at the Canadian Essex engine plant? Or, have you worked there in the past?
I have owned 3 F150's with the 4.2 V6 engine made at the Essex plant. My current F150 is a 2007 with the Essex built 4.2 V6 engine. And, it's a well built engine!
The plant closed in 2007, but reopened in 2010 to build the 5.0 engine.
Along with the straight 6 and 4.6 engines being 2 of the best Ford engines ever built, l think the 4.2 V6 is one of the best engines built as well.
thumbsup2.gif

I don't think I've ever driven one, but I've always thought that was a really cool light truck V6. Never heard anyone complain about them. It's probably the ideal light truck engine for most needs.

The Canadian Essex was built in Windsor, Ontario. By the way, they had a supercharged version available in the T Bird from 89 to 95. I saw one in the wrecking yard. It would have made a cool hot rod engine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
The Canadian Essex was built in Windsor, Ontario. By the way, they had a supercharged version available in the T Bird from 89 to 95. I saw one in the wrecking yard. It would have made a cool hot rod engine.

I think they were popular in home built planes. New cam and a geardrive/beltdrive for the prop. Friend had one. Pretty cool application.

I thought the supercharged 3.8 liter Thunderbird SC engine was part of the "Windsor" family (302 - 351W) ?

The 4.3 is a good engine, but it eats camshaft position sensors.

Doesn't matter whether 3.8 or 4.2, I have change a TON of cam position sensors on these Ford V-6's

Originally Posted by Linctex
I thought the supercharged 3.8 liter Thunderbird SC engine was part of the "Windsor" family (302 - 351W) ?

The 3.8 supercharged Thunderbird engine was based on the Canadian-built 3.8 "Essex" V6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back