Engine with Large Sump capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.
What amount of Auto-RX should I use in a car with a 9 quart sump?

I remember at one time the instructions were 2 ounces per quart of sump capacity, but I don't see that anymore.

Mike

Get two bottles and put in 1.5 bottles, then use the other half bottle for the transmission.

You could put both bottles in without any problems, some are reporting good results with double doses at shorter intervals.

What car has a nine quart sump? I know that the Northstar motors run an 8 quart sump and that is likely due to the initial motors had a relatively poor ring to wall design. But at the end of the day it is a relatively small disaplacement multi valve V-8, producing about 300 hp. So in regards to surface areas for auto-rx to work on, the northstar doesn't have internal surfaces areas to clean any different than a V-8 with a five quart capacity. I don't believe that its a clear case of auto-rx concentration to oil, as compared with ARX versus surface areas to clean.

2X
Surface area is not the main consideration, however, the volume concentration of AutoRX is the important factor.

1 bottle of AutoRX per 4 to 5 qts sump is normal. You'll be perfect with 2 full bottles of AutoRX for your 9 qt sump.

1996 BMW 750iL has a 8.5 quart sump, and takes 9 quarts for a full oil change.

Can I get a comment from Frank on what I should do?

Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back