Engine oil for 2022 AUDI Q3

Thanks KJeep, I prefer dipstick, makes seasy to check oil level, the reason car manufacture did not have it because of the cost.

Frank

I am very curious where in the manual it says you can use 508, 504 and 502. Every vehicle that I've seen that specs 508 has that spec as the only option. Also, I thought VW didn't have 508 as a spec until 2019.

For my facelift Mk7 GTI Volkswagen allows for using both VW 502 00 (fixed interval),
VW 504 00 and 508 00 (variable). Note this is not in the manual, I got a list from my
dealer (several pages for lots of engines). I'll scan that when I have some spare time.

Love how the oil fill is only accessed after removing engine cover. Audi was like nope people don't do this.....let's cover it up.

No no. You don't have to remove the cover to get access to the FILL(ER). You have to
remove it to access the oil FILTER. That said removing the cover takes . . . . . wait . . . 2
(TWO!) seconds. You also don't need any specialty tools to remove the drain plug. Any
coin in your pocket will do the job. So in fact this engine is one of the easiest to perform
an oil change on, while you gave the impression it's particularly tough. It actually isn't.

Frank, let it run for a minute or so and check both the drain plug and especially the filter
for leaks before you put the cover(s) back on. Do also check the oil level. It's best to fill in
5.5 litres initially, then top off to max.

No no. You don't have to remove the cover to get access to the FILL(ER). You have to
remove it to access the oil FILTER. That said removing the cover takes . . . . . wait . . . 2
(TWO!) seconds. You also don't need any specialty tools to remove the drain plug. Any
coin in your pocket will do the job. So in fact this engine is one of the easiest to perform
an oil change on, while you gave the impression it's particularly tough. It actually isn't.

Frank, let it run for a minute or so and check for leaks before you put the cover back on.
Maybe it was just the views from the video but it looks like it is hidden by the cover.

I don't know anything about the car. Use the recommended oil and filter. Cost too much, so did the car if you want to look at it that way.

I have a question, how do we know if the dealer actually changed it and used the right spec?? I'm going to do oil analysis before every change but want to make sure they used it.

I have a question, how do we know if the dealer actually changed it and used the right spec?? I'm going to do oil analysis before every change but want to make sure they used it.
Since it is VW, they probably used 5W40 VW502.00. In manual says VW508.00 and I bet somewhere under the hood VW504.00.

for my 2022 Audi Q3, it requires VW508 and 0w-20, I called audi dealer to get the exact part # and then call VW dealer. VW dealer is much cheaper then order from online.

ENGINE OIL FILTER ELEMENT PRODUCT ID: 06L-115-562-B (ON THE NEED 6 QRTS) ON THE FILTER, MANN HU6013, AUDI 06L115466C (THIS IS OLD PART #) DRAIN PLUG PRODUCT ID: 06L-103-801 ENGINE OIL PRODUCT ID: G-E60-020-1Q-DSP

Frank

for my 2022 Audi Q3, it requires VW508 and 0w-20, I called audi dealer to get the exact part # and then call VW dealer. VW dealer is much cheaper then order from online.

ENGINE OIL FILTER ELEMENT PRODUCT ID: 06L-115-562-B (ON THE NEED 6 QRTS) ON THE FILTER, MANN HU6013, AUDI 06L115466C (THIS IS OLD PART #) DRAIN PLUG PRODUCT ID: 06L-103-801 ENGINE OIL PRODUCT ID: G-E60-020-1Q-DSP

Frank
I know what requires. I am just saying how VW mess this up all the time. By the way, your engine can use any oils I listed.
You don’t have to buy oil from dealership. If oil is approved, and cheaper online, get it there.

I went to re read your post, you didn't mentioned anything about VW 508 and 0W-20, do you mind tell me what kind of oil ?

Thanks

Frank

I have a '20 Q3 and when dealer said their shop vac's the oil out, I got a Mityvac and do the same. The filter is a no-brainer.
FWIW, 6 quarts go back in with dip stick level, so apparently the Mityvac gets out most.

508 is newer oil specification, IS NOT the same as 502, 504 or 507.

Thanks

Frank

I went to re read your post, you didn't mentioned anything about VW 508 and 0W-20, do you mind tell me what kind of oil ?

Thanks

Frank
What I was saying is that VW has habit of confusing recommendations and then in dealership using oil that they never put in manual as acceptable. There were VW’s having requirement one requirement in manual, another under the hood and then dealership using third oil.
Yes your engine is required to use VW508.00. Yes in reality you can use VW504.00 or VW502.00 once warranty is expired.

Back