Engine Flush

If money is no object - perhaps a run with a fair amount of ester would get things clean …
You could also run this longer to offset the cost …

0345C99A-9114-4915-B282-E6B04C721EF8.jpeg

Auto-RX was the hottest thing on this board 15 years ago. Half of the posts on this board were Auto-RX related
Right, I remember it being the best then I left the board for a while and now it's gone and HPL is 🔥. I use HPL EC30 but what happened to AutoRX? I see it still available on Amazon? Curious

You said that as of a year ago there was no sludge. And now you want to use an engine flush to clean out sludge.

Why?

What would be wrong with simply preventing the formation of sludge by doing regular (5,000 mile) changes with a good quality oil?
A lot of people come up with all sorts of justifications for working on their vehicle. It could be more frequent oil changes or use of additives, replacing perfectly serviceable parts etc.

I ran HPL Cleaning Oil in a Honda with only 55k miles on it out of curiosity. Waste of HPL to some, PM to others, just a hobby to me.
I like acronyms as much as the next guy, but what the heck is HPL? The internet says it could be High Pressure Laminate or Human Placental Lactogen. And I'll bet you weren't using either of those.

Why not...at that mileage something positive will come from it for $10. Run the HPL EC for 1-2K then when you drain that fill run a can of the LM Engine Flush.

Given your story that it's probably not all that sludged, I'd recommend draining your old oil and replacing the filter. But, instead of putting the drain bolt back in, leave it out for an hour, crank some music, have a drink, and after an hour put the drain bolt back in and fill with your new brand of oil. That will allow the Mobil to drain fully before replacing with a brand that will make little to no difference.

Back