Engine-displacement humour

Last week my wife and I were walking home from a nice dinner out at an Italian restaurant. We passed a certain street, and she mentioned a family which lived there. The boys of both families were close buddies in elementary school. Their street address was still in my memory banks.

I said, "Hey, did you know that if you take 3-7/8, divide by 2, square that, then multiply by Pi, and then multiply by 3, and then finally by 8, you get their street address?"

With wifely instinct she said "Is that one of your random engine things?"

I had to acknowledge that yes, that was one way to come up with 283.

Last week my wife and I were walking home from a nice dinner out at an Italian restaurant. We passed a certain street, and she mentioned a family which lived there. The boys of both families were close buddies in elementary school. Their street address was still in my memory banks.

I said, "Hey, did you know that if you take 3-7/8, divide by 2, square that, then multiply by Pi, and then multiply by 3, and then finally by 8, you get their street address?"

With wifely instinct she said "Is that one of your random engine things?"

I had to acknowledge that yes, that was one way to come up with 283.
Very clever. Your wife too.

72CA308A-556B-4A9E-BAA9-AA0618148B31.jpeg

Canadian humour must be an acquired taste. Like the Harry oh sailor thing. :unsure:
That's a gracious way to put it. 😂

I put it in the Humor subforum because I couldn't find one entitled "Ways In Which You've Confirmed To Your Spouse That You're Really Nerdy".

Back