Eneos 0w16 moly

Moly Compound: 0.1 to 0.9%... which translates to 1000 to 9000 ppm of Moly... that sounds pretty insane....

In the event the dealership I bought my car from doesn't have 0w16 (It happens)... gotta find something comparable to the TGMO 0w16

If only Amsoil made their signature series in 0w16 or Redline made HP 0w16... with the Group IV/V base blend with their high moly additive pack

Why not run a 0w-20? I think I would. I don't think it would ever create a warranty issue. What is the % chance that you would have an oil related engine issue anyway?

The 0.1% to 0.9% on the SDS refers to a Molybdenum Compound. A compound is a mixture of ingredients and in this case one should be molybdenum.

While the conversion from percentage to ppm is correct I don’t think we translate that entirely to molybdenum in this case.

If you believe this chemical structure, the actual moly is ~30-40%
So, I could see it having 1000-2000 ppm moly in a 0W-16.

If only Amsoil made their signature series in 0w16 or Redline made HP 0w16... with the Group IV/V base blend with their high moly additive pack
If you look at the SDS of M1 0W-16, it is almost all PAO. For $22-25/jug it is hard to beat.

My supplier sells Eneos 0W-16 for $8.60/qt or $133 for a 6 gal box. Not sure where the value is.

Why not run a 0w-20? I think I would. I don't think it would ever create a warranty issue. What is the % chance that you would have an oil related engine issue anyway?
The Toyota owner's manual does state if 0W-16 is not available, you can run 0w-20 and change it back to 0w-16 at the next oil change. So it is a potential warranty issue.

Supposedly the A25A engine has a variable displacement oil pump that is programmed around the the characteristics of 0w-16.

If you look at the SDS of M1 0W-16, it is almost all PAO. For $22-25/jug it is hard to beat.

My supplier sells Eneos 0W-16 for $8.60/qt or $133 for a 6 gal box. Not sure where the value is.
But the additive package in terms of EP/AW is pretty weak, especially compared to TGMO 0w-16

But the additive package in terms of EP/AW is pretty weak, especially compared to TGMO 0w-16
I've got the same engine as yours. I am using Mobil 1 0W16 with no problems. Some are even using Super Tech 0W16 with no problems. But looks like Walmart does not stock them on the shelves anymore.

Toyota says 0w-16 is preferred, and that if you have to use 0w-20, change it back to 0w-20 at the next change. That doesn't sound like an endorsement/OK for long-term use of 0w-20, or other viscosities, in the Dynamic Force engines. I'm not going to lose sleep over additive pack comparisons among name-branded synthetics, changed at 5K intervals. I've done two oil changes in my '20 Camry so far, one with Valvoline 0w-16 (at 2200 miles), and the other with Mobil 1 0w-16 (at 5K miles). The Valvoline was $21/5qt. jug from Amazon; the Mobil 1 was $12/5qt. jug after the mail-in rebate. I'll be sure everyone know if I come to regret, before 300K miles, not sticking strictly with TGMO 0w-16. I'm not expecting regrets.

Toyota says 0w-16 is preferred, and that if you have to use 0w-20, change it back to 0w-20 at the next change. That doesn't sound like an endorsement/OK for long-term use of 0w-20, or other viscosities, in the Dynamic Force engines. I'm not going to lose sleep over additive pack comparisons among name-branded synthetics, changed at 5K intervals. I've done two oil changes in my '20 Camry so far, one with Valvoline 0w-16 (at 2200 miles), and the other with Mobil 1 0w-16 (at 5K miles). The Valvoline was $21/5qt. jug from Amazon; the Mobil 1 was $12/5qt. jug after the mail-in rebate. I'll be sure everyone know if I come to regret, before 300K miles, not sticking strictly with TGMO 0w-16. I'm not expecting regrets.
Valvoline is $38 for a jug, how did you get $21?

While TGMO has proven to be a very good oil, i'm sure I wouldn't go to great lengths to get the Eneos product.

Walmart has M1 AFE for very reasonable price.
When you judge the additive pack are you just judging Moly? Because that's one thing, but its not everything.

I'd be happy happy happy with M1 personally.
I too would go down the rabbit hole you're down, but would end up back at M1...or TGMO if its not too much hassle.

Valvoline is $38 for a jug, how did you get $21?
FE793521-B148-41FB-8B74-AEF75611DAC6.jpg

Moly Compound: 0.1 to 0.9%... which translates to 1000 to 9000 ppm of Moly... that sounds pretty insane....

In the event the dealership I bought my car from doesn't have 0w16 (It happens)... gotta find something comparable to the TGMO 0w16

If Amsoil or Red Line price point is not an issue, I would strongly recommend High Performance Lubricants 0W16.

It is slightly thicker than TGMO 0W16, has very high moly content, and similar MPGs per ~75k + miles of experience with the M20A-FXS engine.

There is an interesting series of articles at toyota.uk where Toyota engineers discuss engine design.

This provides a window into just how dialed in they are on the Dynamic Force Hybrid engines.

With both legitimate 41% thermal efficiency, and the Corolla nameplate, which mandates durability, it is clear how precisely fine tuned all this is.
1.8L
2.0L
2.5L

TGMO 0W16.
SP ILSAC GF-6B.
5K mile OCI.
We are all Severe Service.

Back