Ending my Stockpile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am glad I found this board. I cannot remember the last website that I HAD to check everyday.

Anyway here is my dillema. I have about 20 qts of GC and now I realize that GC has no better protection than rugular 5w30 Dino Havoline. I also enjoy changing my oil and shorter OCI's do not bother me at all! So would my jeep lubrication be just as good with 3-4k changes and 5w30 Havoline and a shot of LC as it would with my GC?

Send them to me. I'll send you 20 quarts of Havoline. Sounds fair.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by wn1998:
...now I realize that GC has no better protection than rugular 5w30 Dino Havoline.

I'd surely like to see the data on which you base this statement.

cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

...now I realize that GC has no better protection than rugular 5w30 Dino Havoline.

cheers.gif

Yeah, I'd echo that. Unless all of us have missed a bunch of UOA reports. GC is about the only product I've seen here that consistently produces outstanding results in every vehicle in which it's used. Of course, it's not a panacea, so I wouldn't expext it to perform in a clearly inappropriate context, but in engines that call for 30 or 40 wt oil, GC is pretty much unbeatable. Tex/Hav is good stuff (in fact, I'm using it in my new vehicle until it's fully broken in), but at least here, I haven't seen Tex/Hav produce the same quality and consistency of results.

I offroad a bit and couldn't imagine needing the benefits of GC in my Tacoma... I will use it as top off in my wifes Z-4 that has an ungoddly OCI.

After some research I have abstained from synthetics on the Truck and am running Motorcraft and just ordered LC to help it along for my shorter OCI.. besides I wheel and need a good excuse to perform a complete undercarriage inspection often anyhow.

quote:

I have about 20 qts of GC and now I realize that GC has no better protection than rugular 5w30 Dino Havoline.

Oh my GOD! Such blasphemy! I'm surprised lightning did not strike you dead as you typed that statement, or Men dressed in all Black haven't visited your home yet. Are you sure silent black helicopters aren't flying around your house as you read this?
grin.gif

quote:

I have about 20 qts of GC and now I realize that GC has no better protection than rugular 5w30 Dino Havoline.

The elves are stirring, they're planning a revolt!!

For short OCI's, I agree, dino is just as good as synth.

quote:

Well I am glad I found this board. I cannot remember the last website that I HAD to check everyday.

Anyway here is my dillema. I have about 20 qts of GC and now I realize that GC has no better protection than rugular 5w30 Dino Havoline. I also enjoy changing my oil and shorter OCI's do not bother me at all! So would my jeep lubrication be just as good with 3-4k changes and 5w30 Havoline and a shot of LC as it would with my GC?

I also live in Illinois! Do you want to sell all the GC?

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:

quote:

Oh my GOD! Such blasphemy! I'm surprised lightning did not strike you dead as you typed that statement, or Men dressed in all Black haven't visited your home yet. Are you sure silent black helicopters aren't flying around your house as you read this?
grin.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
Now that's funny

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

quote:

cheers.gif

Me too, I'd love to see this data! I can say virtually without a doubt that there is no way that Havoline 5w30 would show only 1ppm of lead in my hard driven LS1 Corvette over a 5000 mile interval like GC 0w30 just did!

Mordor, Middle Earth. Unnamed sources have reported that the Green Gate opened just long enough to allow 9 riders dressed in Green to sally forth. The reports indicated that eerie voices were heard saying "wn1998....Illinois..."

Only the scream of the GreenWraith announces his arrival. By the time you hear it, it will be too late..........

With little elves threatening my life I regretfully retract my statements. I will use my GC and I will continue to add to my stockpile!

quote:

With little elves threatening my life I regretfully retract my statements. I will use my GC and I will continue to add to my stockpile!

Whew that was close...you are quite safe now.

One oil to rule them all
One oil to lubricate
One oil to smooth your ride
I would not prevaricate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back