NAPA Full Synthetic / High Mileage Synthetic ILSAC GF-5 rated?

My 2009 Toyota Avalon now has 204k on it and has had Mobil 1 Full Synthetic since new and just changed over to their Full Synthetic High Mileage with the extended performance filter for it's last oil change, at a cost of approx. $55 with the oil filter-5 qt. bundle at Advance and the extra 2 qts., it takes 6.4 qts., so have to buy 7. It gets changed every 5k.

NAPA has a terrific sale going on with the NAPA Platinum filter. The cost will be half of what the Mobil1 is. However, I cannot find out if it meets the ILSAC GF-5; it's not listed anywhere. My mechanic friend assures me that it's a Valvoline based oil, MSDS sheet confirms it, but no mention of it being ILSAC GF-5. Does either the Full Synthetic or High Mileage have this spec, it's not listed on the jug or Website. I have read the opinions of this oil here, and it seems it should be "OK" to run, but want to be sure. Also, if this oil is acceptable should I go with the high mileage? Any opinions on the NAPA Platinum oil filter vs. Mobil 1 extended performance filter?

Many thanks in advance and Merry Christmas wishes!

Links to NAPA Site:
NAPA Full Synthetic High Mileage 5w30

NAPA Full Synthetic 5w30

NAPA Platinum Filter

Link to MSDS:
Napa Full Synthetic High Mileage 5w30 MSDS

Napa Full Synthetic 5w30 MSDS

The regular Napa Full Synthetic 5W30 is dexos1-gen2 rated, which is a higher standard than GF-5, I would use that and save some coin.

M1 oil is very good, and member Tig1 here uses nothing else and changes it every 10k miles. But if you are changing every 5k miles, then the Napa full synthetic made by Valvoline is all you need.

Last edited:
I actually just put the Napa full synthetic 5w30 Dexos approved API SP oil in my car yesterday evening....

It is a very good oil. I have 327,400 miles on my car... Still runs strong. No leaks... And hardly burns any oil... 6-8 ozs in 4k miles.

I actually just put the Napa full synthetic 5w30 Dexos approved API SP oil in my car yesterday evening....

It is a very good oil. I have 327,400 miles on my car... Still runs strong. No leaks... And hardly burns any oil... 6-8 ozs in 4k miles.
Did you use a Napa filter as well?

Yeah man I did... I got the Napa Gold 7356 for my car. Put that on there with this run too.

Have another Gold for the next run.

The Napa full synthetic runs very quiet in my car. Also put the red high mileage Napa in the 98 Camry.

Why not just keep using what got you to 204K miles? You average 18K miles a year for the past 11 years. You could double your oci and save money and save even more money buy buying the oil and filter at Walmart.

Glad to know this will work, any particular reason why the rating is not listed anywhere?
They may have not released it out anywhere. Sometimes they don’t but it all has to meet certain specs. And we have some really knowledgeable people here to help us determine which ones they meet because they do studies so that is how we determine sometimes.

Back