End of LS1 in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems GMH is dropping the LS1 in favour of the 6 litre L76 (GenIV) motor as the LS1 can not meet the Euro 3 emmision standards which apply from next year. It will put out 264kw.

It comes from the motor used in the Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Yukon and Cadillac Escalade.

There will still be a LS2 which will be used in the high performance HSV models. These run just short of 300kw.

I love my LS1 engine, it's sad to see it end.
frown.gif

But at least the LS2 lives on!

Is the one their using for Holden aluminum or iron block? Funny I read this elsewhere and they said the 6.0 actually gets better mileage as well.

-T

I agree in 02 the LS1 was king! I for one do not much care for the LS2. Aside from getting a larger displacement engine you kinda get jipped IMO.

The heads are basically an LS6 head minus the lightweight sodium filled valves.

Cam is the small 2001 Z06 cam and not the hotter 2002-2004 Z06 cam.

Most dyno barely 340rwhp stock whereas many LS1 cars i've seen personally hit 320rwhp stock.

They respond horriblly to heatsoak unlike the LS1/6 design. Back to back dynopulls or back to back 1320 runs confirm this.

I raced a 2005 C6 a few weeks ago at the track his best was a 13.6 @ 104 mph! Z51 6 Speed

I know the ET is all driver but common 104 MPH trap speed! My stock LS1 SS w 315rwhp trapped 107 mph my first time at the track. I personally witnessed a 99 FRC C5 trap 110mph bone stock at the same track along with many C5 LS1's running 104-108mph all day long.

Ryan, what about Nine Ball's C6 though? He ran 12.5 with it bone stock! I believe his trap speed was around 113mph as well. So the one you saw was a dog.

Do you know how to calculate rear wheel horse power.....when you are given the weight of car & driver and the MPH ??

There is a very easy and simple Math formula that I saw in a Hot Rod magazine written a few years ago by John Lingenfelter. No need for a dyno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back