Empty front license plate holder

I have lived in two plate states for my entire life. Now in DE my truck is registered and DE only provides a single license plate. What do I put on the front? Amazon has flag license plates of many flavors along with many other license plates for a wide variety of what one might want.

This one is kind of nice for a big dog owner.

The "Run with the Big Dogs" front plate in your link was commonly seen in parts of PA. about 30-40 years ago. It was also once a thing for young ladies to have a front plate with their name on it. I don't see much of it anymore other than a sports team or something political. It's hard to go wrong with a flag or something hobby related.

I actually bought black, Christmas tree plugs and painted them with the touch-up paint I bought for the car. I know there's a company or two out that sell pre-painted ones but they're kinda expensive for what they are.
That's what I did. Got some trim plugs from Auto Zone, sanded the texture off, hit them with Ford touch up paint, added a few coats of clear enamel, and put them on.

I live at the border of two states. My home state of Kansas doesn't require a front license plate. The state of Nebraska does. When I worked at a dealership in Nebraska, one of the jobs that needed to be done at the dealership was for somebody to install the front license plate bracket, quite often putting unnecessary holes in the front bumper. I casually mentioned to the dealership owner that the license plate bracket shouldn't be installed until after the car was sold, because in Kansas, it wasn't needed and the buyers from Kansas would have a front bracket that wasn't needed and sometimes put unneeded holes in the front bumper. That idea was shot down immediately because the dealer wanted to put an advertising plate in the front bracket for any car sold in Kansas. I guess I can see his point, but if I bought a new car from him, it wouldn't have the front bracket or the holes in the front bumper.

Not sure how many automakers do it but Honda had (still has?) a nice front license plate bracket that has the fasteners going in (up) vertically, into the "ribs" on the grill so if you remove them, there's no visible holes. Our daughter's '12 Civic was this way but someone decided those two fasteners weren't enough so they added (2) more holes in the face of the bumper. 😡 Our son's '12 Accord was done properly with no add'l holes.

Haven't been popped since 2004. They don't care anymore.
I drove about 4-5 years in NY with a peeled (just metal color) NY plate on the back and a FORD plastic advertising license plate on the front. Never got stopped and passed inspection every year. Even got stopped for a speeding ticket and the cop never looked at front plate or commented at peeling plate.

Remove the bracket and enjoy the bumper.

I've never had a front plate and removing the bracket was the first thing I did when I got home with it.

When we lived in Alberta (no front plate country) I bought a piece of trim that neatly replaced the front license plate holder on my 2000 BMW 528i. It cost about $40 but that was money well spent.

Kept the front plate holder though and when we moved to BC (front plate required) put it back on again. But kept the front plate delete trim.

Sold the car to my nephew, who lives in Ontario (no front plate required). He's putting the front plate delete trim back on.

No front plate required in Louisiana . Two little holes in my front bumper though . :mad: I even removed all the badging off of the tailgate . I like a smooth clean look .

And manufacturers charge up to $40 for a front plate holder, what the hey! I have pristine never used front plate holder for a 2016 Kia Soul if anyone wants it. Installation calls for sheet metal screws into the grill. I used fender washers and captive hardware to fasten the front NJ plate to the grille and avoid holes in the grille. Car is registered in SC now..
Many cars should have a front plate holder in the trunk or cargo area when it gets shipped to the dealer. Dealer techs will install it as part of the PDI in states that require it.

The whole “big dogs” thing is pretty played out. It was best to death long ago. Either deal with the holes to make it look like nothing was ever there or so as someone else mentioned and gets flag, favorite team or hobby plate.
My wife and I have dubbed the Blazer to be the Blazercrest as well. (Mandalorian reference). Tetanus is fitting because of the rust. 🤷🏼‍♂️
What‘s rust got to do with Tetanus?

Many cars should have a front plate holder in the trunk or cargo area when it gets shipped to the dealer. Dealer techs will install it as part of the PDI in states that require it.
I've wondered how that works and with automakers wanting to save every penny they can, I'd think they do NOT include front plate brackets in every single vehicle and simply require the dealers to buy them as "parts" in states where they're req'd.

I've wondered how that works and with automakers wanting to save every penny they can, I'd think they do NOT include front plate brackets in every single vehicle and simply require the dealers to buy them as "parts" in states where they're req'd.
Now that you say it, it might be included in the car in states that require front plates when they are processed at the rail yard or the port by a third party who prints the window sticker and preps the cars for transit to the dealer.

The dealership techs doing the PDI still installs them.

Back