Amalie 0w40 SP

Meets/exceeds/recommended.... vs 'licensed or approvals for' .... which is similar to many oil brands marketing for various and numerous spec's.

Not all of us shop at walfart. Originally, the Amalie was $5 a quart shipped to my door. Getting the 0w40 delivered was qt recently, and no trip needed to ghettomart. With what happened to the supply chain and store inventory, there was a while when the shelves were empty, but my Amalie cases were still delivered. Convenience for some of us was priceless. Quarts of Castrol/Mobil1/Pennzoil at various autopart stores is pushing $9-13qt when wallyworld jugs aren't on the shelf, as some of us also don't hoard stockpiles oil just because it's on rollback, rebate, clearance. Like 'mart, some just aren't fanboys of mobilexxon and prefer other brands regardless of the price. Amalie is definitely a usable option. Visited a local HD truck repair shop and they use Schaeffers and have no problem sourcing it for me with their orders, obviously with a small markup. Plenty of good brands out there at a fair price that perform well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-FS-European-Car-Formula-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-0W-40-5-qt/23636902?athbdg=L1102&from=/search[/URL]

and I have been to many stores and actually seen the bottles and none show SP.....this one does however and is on the shelf

made by Amalie

not sure why some of the links are weird, but they go where I am aiming

Last edited:
I understand that they have it listed on the Mobil website, but I cannot find it anywhere, auto part stores, online, or anything. Also a vast majority of listings online for the FS do not show SP on the bottle, just SN.

For e3xample:

https://www.amazon.com/Mobil-120760-Synthetic-Motor-0W-40/dp/B00HG76A9A/ref=sr_1_5?crid=HO3VZLS0I56J&keywords=0w40+FS&qid=1683987116&sprefix=0w40+fs,aps,209&sr=8-5

and I have been to many stores and actually seen the bottles and none show SP.....this one does however and is on the shelf

made by Amalie

not sure why some of the links are weird, but they go where I am aiming
It’s at your local Walmart and has been for months

Another question is why does it matter? I can’t imagine shopping for a 0W-40 oil and caring if it is API SP licensed. I guess API licenses don’t matter much to me at all.
Another question: if have nothing to contribute, then why post on this thread?

No one cares if you cant imagine wanting 0w40 in SP. i am interested, that is why I made the post. If you have no interest, dont post on this thread.

Another question: if have nothing to contribute, then why post on this thread?

No one cares if you cant imagine wanting 0w40 in SP. i am interested, that is why I made the post. If you have no interest, dont post on this thread.
As I suspected.

But why do you want it? You’re spending a lot to get this particular brand, why is that important?

You wondered why it didn’t get much conversation and my answer is that much like myself I suspect not many people care.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="I They may be out or just not stocking it but WM is carrying it on the shelves. My local Walmart (city of 30k) had like 12-15 jugs of it all with the SP label, the other day when I went through. You can also order it online…….
[/QUOTE]
thanks I will look further online, went to WM and they had none, outside of Charlotte NC. All the bottles were SN.

[QUOTE="I They are most likely SP bottles and Walmart hasn’t updated their site yet.
[/QUOTE]
or I forgot to add that they're still using the old SN labels. You'd need to look at the back and find the code.

Great, but the post is a bout 0w40 in SP rating, not Euro or SN
The point is that most 0W-40's tend to be both, but more about the Euro approvals, because it was a Euro grade in the passenger car space first (it was also a heavy diesel arctic grade). The initial exception to this was the FCA-specific SRT 0W-40, which had your basic SN/GF-5 RC additive package stuffed in a 0W-40, then AMSOIL created a 0W-40 targeted at that same market.

The Amalie product in question is also geared toward the Euro scene, being ACEA A3/B4, but with none of the manufacturer approvals (like the Amazon Basics 0W-40).

Since M1 FS 0W-40 is now also SP, with actual formal OE approvals, I'd be more inclined to seek that out, as others have suggested.

I un
I [URL unfurl="true said:
https://www.mobil.com/en-sg/passenger-vehicle-lube/pds/sp-xx-mobil-1-0w-40[/URL]

This product meets or exceeds the requirements of:
API SP
API SN PLUS
API SN
ACEA A3/B4
i understand all that, but does it say it on the bottle, NO, I have yet to see an SP 0w40 on the shelf ANYWHERE in or around Charlotte, NC. There are more race shops and performance shoips and mechanic shop around here than ANYWHERE in the USA,.

Is the SP on the donut, NO>

I un

i understand all that, but does it say it on the bottle, NO, I have yet to see an SP 0w40 on the shelf ANYWHERE in or around Charlotte, NC. There are more race shops and performance shoips and mechanic shop around here than ANYWHERE in the USA,.

It can be delivered free to your home...

Screenshot_20230531_210831_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230531_211525_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Last edited:
I un

What is the code on the back of the bottles?

[QUOTE="I What is the code on the back of the bottles?
[/QUOTE]
Dont know, did not have to look, and the bottle does not say SP, therefore according to the API, the oil is SN.

Dont know, did not have to look, and the bottle does not say SP, therefore according to the API, the oil is SN.

So you have no idea if the bottles are just still using the old labels as they get rid of them or if the oil actually is the new SP formulation because you prefer to remain obtuse. Got it.

We're done here.

[QUOTE="I So you have no idea if the bottles are just still using the old labels as they get rid of them or if the oil actually is the new SP formulation because you prefer to remain obtuse. Got it.

We're done here.
[/QUOTE]
No I am just stating the facts..............the bottle does not show an SP rating, it shows SN, not even SN plus.

Remain obtuse?

YOU have no idea what is in the bottles. Are you saying that YOU know that the oil in the bottle is SP, even though it says SN? Wow, you got any beachside property in Arizona for me to buy?

What a joke

Last edited:
Back