Amalie 0w40 SP

Carquest in my area has been selling Amalie oil for the past two years, I’ve used it (pretty much because if the approvals and opinions on here). I believe they’re located in Florida (Tampa maybe??). I think they own the naming rights to a sports stadium down there...maybe Tampa Bay Light ing or something.

But I’ve used the 0W20, 5W30, and 5W20. Never experienced anything different than with any other major group lll synthetic with approvals/licensing. No oil consumption, noise, change in color, whatever. But people don’t talk about it because it isn’t around. You can’t walk into a store and just buy it off most shelves (Unless you live in Florida). And The bottle looks like a 12 year old designed it...all it’s missing is lightning bo,TD and the Millennium Falcon.

Carquest in my area has been selling Amalie oil for the past two years, I’ve used it (pretty much because if the approvals and opinions on here). I believe they’re located in Florida (Tampa maybe??). I think they own the naming rights to a sports stadium down there...maybe Tampa Bay Light ing or something.

But I’ve used the 0W20, 5W30, and 5W20. Never experienced anything different than with any other major group lll synthetic with approvals/licensing. No oil consumption, noise, change in color, whatever. But people don’t talk about it because it isn’t around. You can’t walk into a store and just buy it off most shelves (Unless you live in Florida). And The bottle looks like a 12 year old designed it...all it’s missing is lightning bo,TD and the Millennium Falcon.
Wiki claims they are the largest private label blender - includes some at Walmart and virtually all the auto parts labels … STP and so on …
Makes me wonder how many others folks assume are Warren …

No I am just stating the facts..............the bottle does not show an SP rating, it shows SN, not even SN plus.

Remain obtuse?

YOU have no idea what is in the bottles. Are you saying that YOU know that the oil in the bottle is SP, even though it says SN? Wow, you got any beachside property in Arizona for me to buy?

What a joke
Yes, you can check the code on the back of the bottle. It’s extremely well known here that Mobil was using SP oil whilst still finishing up using their SN labels until they ran out.

But like I said, we’re done here. You’re being a pedantic condescending ignoramus who is way in over his head here.

[QUOTE="I Yes, you can check the code on the back of the bottle. It’s extremely well known here that Mobil was using SP oil whilst still finishing up using their SN labels until they ran out.

But like I said, we’re done here. You’re being a pedantic condescending ignoramus who is way in over his head here.
[/QUOTE]
THANKS! Well known here huh? I think that those "here" who are "in the know" are full of crap. All there is is conjecture and speculation. You really think that Exxon Mobil would meaningfully mislabel a product on purpose just to save money? It could be that the oil ALREADY met the spec, but rest assured.............if a warranty was dependant on using any weight current classification SP oil, and you brought the manufacturer and bottle that CLEARLY says SN.........good luck.

Go wax your handlebar mustache

Wiki claims they are the largest private label blender - includes some at Walmart and virtually all the auto parts labels … STP and so on …
Makes me wonder how many others folks assume are Warren …
I think that many have used it, as I understand it, the bottles say "AOC" on the bottom if made by Amalie. I have been using some of their products for a bit now and plan on posting a few oil analysisisisis both before and after.

I think they are the only mainstream fully USA owned and made oil companies. Meaning no large ownership from foriegn investment firms and so on.

THANKS! Well known here huh? I think that those "here" who are "in the know" are full of crap. All there is is conjecture and speculation. You really think that Exxon Mobil would meaningfully mislabel a product on purpose just to save money? It could be that the oil ALREADY met the spec, but rest assured.............if a warranty was dependant on using any weight current classification SP oil, and you brought the manufacturer and bottle that CLEARLY says SN.........good luck.

Go wax your handlebar mustache
He's right though, it's the revision code on the bottle that gives you the formulation version. They will often use up old labels before switching to the new ones (and people are now finding the new ones).

This is a full-SAPS Euro oil, the SP designation is not important for this product to carry. It was slow to get SN (SM bottles were around for ages after SN appeared) it never got SN+ (neither did the other Euro 0W-40's) and quite frankly, we are lucky that XOM bothered to update it to SP at all, since it's not a requirement for any of the approvals the product carries.

Here's a UOA of M1 FS 0W-40 from back in February that was labelled SN, so clearly purchased sometime last year, but is clearly SP (note the reduced calcium):
1685794681654.jpg

From this thread:
Quote from the OP in that thread:
Surprisingly, the bottle of oil is API SN labeled. Willing to bet this is the API SP formula, and they just havent updated the label yet. I'll send a voa out if anyone wants me to.

If you think everybody here is full of crap, I don't understand your continued presence. Who would hang around and participate on a forum with people perceived to be talking out their ass? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 4WD
He's right though, it's the revision code on the bottle that gives you the formulation version. They will often use up old labels before switching to the new ones (and people are now finding the new ones).

This is a full-SAPS Euro oil, the SP designation is not important for this product to carry. It was slow to get SN (SM bottles were around for ages after SN appeared) it never got SN+ (neither did the other Euro 0W-40's) and quite frankly, we are lucky that XOM bothered to update it to SP at all, since it's not a requirement for any of the approvals the product carries.

Here's a UOA of M1 FS 0W-40 from back in February that was labelled SN, so clearly purchased sometime last year, but is clearly SP (note the reduced calcium):
View attachment 159198
From this thread:

If you think everybody here is full of crap, I don't understand your continued presence. Who would hang around and participate on a forum with people perceived to be talking out their ass? 🤷‍♂️

You'd be surprised.

View attachment 159198
From this thread:

Excellent explaination! And I do see the decreased calcium, which would somewhat denote SP rating.

Some here chime in and say "you cant get much out of those UOA's" as it does not tell the whole story" I will not name names. Others will say " use the spec oil or you are a dumb mother%$#@!* and hope you die" (exaggerated). Then there are those who just regurgitate what they hear someone else says like the gospel. It is ridiculous. It seems like there are a bunch of wannabe scientists on here who stare at numbers all day, and wait for someone to just barely misspeak to pounce on. Childish if you ask me. Many do not add any value to the posts whatsoever, bad or good.

To answer you question, I do not think that "everyone" here is a ignoramous, but some really are. I am on this forum to "learn" and to get others opinions on different products in other than specified applications.

Which in the analysis you provided, is the latest OC (M1 0w40) on the far left, oil and results look pretty mediocre at best. At least by the evidence and numbers of this document, would you agree? Do you know the other oil used in the preceding tests?

Which in the analysis you provided, is the latest OC (M1 0w40) on the far left, oil and results look pretty mediocre at best. At least by the evidence and numbers of this document, would you agree? Do you know the other oil used in the preceding tests?
That engine had a failing camshaft if you read the thread, so I wouldn't read anything into the results, but it's a good demonstration of how Mobil changed the formula before changing the labels.

Back