Elon Musk blasted by Anonymous hackers after cryptic crypto tweets

I originally thought it was suspicious when he jumped on the Bitcoin bandwagon and announced you can buy a Tesla with Bitcoin, only to do a 180 degree a short time later.

:unsure:

The whole idea is crazy. Why would anyone buy a volatile stock with a unstable and unproven currency is beyond me. If a currency collapses because one person said something then that should be enough warning to stay far away.

With Musk, you have to take the bad with the good. And it is difficult to argue that there isn't a lot of good there. And this from someone who is not a fan of EVs.

I like EVs, absolutely hate Musk. Guy's an arrogant nutjob.

I heard he did a number on bitcoin though :D
yes he ran up bitcoin by saying he would accept it as form of payment.. the young crunked up crypto heads couldn't help themselves they bought it his song and now they're singing they're bum hurt because he pulled the plug. he just needed bailout money to payoff those crazy debts he's racking up. nice to borrow or should i say steal money and not get hung for it. well that's what happens when currency isn't back by feds

I’ve got a few shares of Tesla and not happy when Elon said Tesla stock price is too high and it immediately took a hit.

I bought Tesla a year ago and I’m positive..... just don’t like this Bozo saying silly things. 🤬

The whole idea is crazy. Why would anyone buy a volatile stock with a unstable and unproven currency is beyond me. If a currency collapses because one person said something then that should be enough warning to stay far away.

This is really the crux of it. Despite identifying as a cryptocurrency, none of the coins are anywhere near an actual currency. If you really want to push it and say they are currency, they are an absolutely terrible currency.

Nobody wants to accept payment in a currency that can be devalued by 25% tomorrow. You bought a Tesla Model S for $100,000 in Bitcoin today. It went from your wallet to Tesla's wallet on a Monday. Come Tuesday, those coins in Tesla's wallet are only worth $75,000. Nobody does business like that.

Cryptocurrency is an asset class. At this point, it is speculative investment, not a viable means of purchasing anything. It is not a currency.

A bigger risk is when some Tesla haters in China publish some FUD article and immediately the market reacts and the stock loses 5 or 6%. Then gains it back the next day when the reactionary traders unbunch their panties.

Back