Elon Musk #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
TSLA closed at $649.88 today, up just shy of up $100 in the last 5 days.
Think it'll hit $700 by Dec 21st? $800? A bazillion? Then drop? Who the heck knows?
Elon is whack. His company won't last the year, trust me. EVs are stupid.

Well, you wanna know stupid? The 60 large I spent 2 years ago on the stupid Model 3.
That money woulda bought 1,000 shares. Let's see, 1,000 times $650 equals, uh, lemme see, $650,000.

Last edited:
Woulda, but couldn't from now on. A growing pyramid ain't no longer about 1,000 times anything.

Tesla grows by a whole BMW or half a Toyota within a few weeks – that's growth! Or is it more like TSLA growing?
Musk grew too big to fail long ago, only recently he grew too big to fit into your neighbourhood ;-)

Start depicting this growth from let's say after the holidays. No message beyond Elon is whack and tech and ten years ahead? No comment on anything substantial? Carry pyramids to egypt? All good?

Last edited:

Anyone care to guess just how good their line of EV's will be after they spend $47 billion dollars over the next few years trying to catch up with Tesla who will by then not be 5-6 years ahead but probably 10 years ahead ?

Go ahead and buy GM stock now while it is $45. Maybe it will go up 12X like Tesla did in the last 16 or so months. Or not.
Or maybe GM will go up X% and Tesla down 5X or not ...
Tesla is still very much a novelty with a 1.3% US market share and why the major automakers didnt jump on the band wagon to sell something people do not want yet.

GM 16% market share can blow away Tesla just by wheeling in a new EV into their showrooms. Up until now, they sell what the public wants.
Im not saying if that is a mistake or not but we have to give them credit as they are far more successful then Tesla

GM stock 19 times earnings
Tesla stock 1,242 times earnings

Which stock has more risk?

Or maybe GM will go up X% and Tesla down 5X or not ...
Tesla is still very much a novelty with a 1.3% US market share and why the major automakers didnt jump on the band wagon to sell something people do not want yet.

GM 16% market share can blow away Tesla just by wheeling in a new EV into their showrooms. Up until now, they sell what the public wants.
Im not saying if that is a mistake or not but we have to give them credit as they are far more successful then Tesla

GM stock 19 times earnings
Tesla stock 1,242 times earnings

Which stock has more risk?
Yeah, ya hafta wonder why GM's return on investment is soooo poor in comparison?
Another question from your thoughts; why is GM investing so much in cars people do not want?

Risk? With it's market cap, Tesla has incredible power to raise capital. GM? No so much.
Risk? Talk to the Tesla short sellers. Bloodbath. Down $35B this year.

Yeah, ya hafta wonder why GM's return on investment is soooo poor in comparison?
Another question from your thoughts; why is GM investing so much in cars people do not want?

Risk? With it's market cap, Tesla has incredible power to raise capital. GM? No so much.
Risk? Talk to the Tesla short sellers. Bloodbath. Down $35B this year.
Let’s don’t pretend that the stock market does not pick it’s winners based on corporate activism and leanings …
You live in the world that gets to control what happens in every state out there …
Theres a young guy with your name proving it as we speak …

Let’s don’t pretend that the stock market does not pick it’s winners based on corporate activism and leanings …
You live in the world that gets to control what happens in every state out there …
Theres a young guy with your name proving it as we speak …
I used to love going to bookstores.
Bezos turned the current business practice of downsizing and focusing on what you do best on its head.
He wants to own the world. It's all about the tech.
Maybe his autonomous car will squash Tesla?

Apple continues to reinvent itself. A few years ago they bought every Lexus RX450h in the area to work on their car...
When you have the market capital might these companies do, they have considerable say in America and beyond, just as you say.

Reactions: 4WD
Zero chance of the stock continuing like that a n d being safe. Tesla itself is rather safe. You may be inbetween. Those you're inviting would be those further down on your pyramid. You've absolutely no interest of staying on this forum much beyond the day, right? TSLAnon to the bone?

Elon is whack.

Lets take prototypes out of the equation.....

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 12.22.42 PM.png

He is a genius and be should be emulated.

I think this is generally true. He’s working with the end in mind towards achieving goals.

That’s a different issue than the absolutely wacky pricing of TSLA, or the associated massive wealth he now has (on paper).

I think this is generally true. He’s working with the end in mind towards achieving goals.

That’s a different issue than the absolutely wacky pricing of TSLA, or the associated massive wealth he now has (on paper).

Any incredibly original and creative mind, that's for sure.

These Californian years one day will be regarded as the British Leyland Era of Tesla, the real Cybertruck will look vastly different from what you have seen and for those MBAs that are not moving he could get taxes refunded, I suppose. A career between discordian SNAFU and populism.

Gotta love the naysayers. And feel sorry for the short sellers.
Yeah, I know, Tesla will tank any minute now, just as soon as the big boys make an EV.
Not sure which big boys, but even the mighty Porsche/Audi fell far short of their projections.

Musk (SpaceX (including Starlink), Tesla (including SolarCity), The Boring Company, OpenAI, Neuralink) is a disrupter.
Pick a company, such as GM, Ford, BMW, etc). They are the disruptees.
Think boxer, boxee.

And comparing PE Ratios and such, well the TSLA PE Ratio is basically zero. So what?
Perhaps these other companies should learn how to better maximize the wealth of their shareholders.
I know, I know, Tesla's crashing demise is just around the corner...
All good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back