Elon Musk #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Elon is whack. His car company is gonna go belly up any time now...
Except he just became the 2nd richest man in the world...
Elon Musk

Ever heard of Fool's Gold?

Still though, good for him and Teslas seem to be a very fast and sharp car. Wonder if they will ever add some kind of a gas tank to make it go everywhere.

Starting to realize he is some kind of a visionary so I'm not going to jump on the Elon Musk hate train.

Will be very interesting to see who the largest auto makers are in 5-10 years.
It will remain unchanged.

VAG
Toyota
Renault-Nissan-Mitsu
GM
Hyun/Kia
Ford
Honda
The new Stellantis Group

The order may change, but those will still be the biggest players in town over that 5-10 year period.

Regardless of what you think about the guy, gotta give him credit for his ideas and innovation. SpaceX is incredible considering how long ago we quit launching shuttles. Gates, Zuckerberg, and Bezos are basically con-artists in comparison at least in my opinion.

There are a ton of folks that have jumped on the "world as we know it will end soon if we do not get to zero fossil fuels by the year 20xx" wagon train. Also, given there is sufficient electricity to charge EVs with Tesla's performance there is a lot of interest in EVs.

He may be onto something, but then again maybe this trend will be stifled by future unanticipated problems, of which there are usually many with new technologies. Time will tell.

VAG is not even 1/5 as valuable as Tesla by Market Capitalization.
Not even close.

Car Mfg by Market Cap
I understand that. I'm not looking at market cap, I'm looking at how much they actually produce. Frankly, I don't think Tesla's stock is grounded in reality, so I look at production instead. I say that as an investor in Tesla. By every other marker, VAG (and the others listed) are much, much bigger.

GM is getting in to EVs in a big way. So Tesla is no longer playing in the game alone. Then you have other fringe players like Rivian, and the like who may take incremental sales away.

This segment is going to be interesting to watch.

He may be onto something, but then again maybe this trend will be stifled by future unanticipated problems, of which there are usually many with new technologies. Time will tell.
Good point; there will be unforseen problems. Heck, Tesla as a car manufacturer has almost failed several times.
They have made a lotta mistakes; they saved the company by erecting 2 enormous mfg line tents in the Fremont plant parking lot.
They were nearly outta business in mid 2018; they ended the year with enormous Model 3 sales. We got ours in December.

Now they are building mega factories around the globe.
Fremont, CA
Tilburg, Netherlands
Shanghai, China
Berlin, Germany (2021) Will build Model 3, Model Y and new Model 2.
Austin, TX (late 2021) Will include an ecological paradise for the public. Semi, Cybertruck, City Bus, Model 3, Model Y. At least 5,000 new jobs.

What will be the next hurdle? Can they hangle it? Time will tell.
But right now, every car company in the world is chasing them from behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back