Electric tools brands

I'm looking to replace my 9 yr old DeWalt 20v impact. It's a 1/4 drive. I'd like to replace it and get a 1/2 drive electric impact. Is Bauer tools worth it? They seem to perform well in videos I've watched online. I'm also considering Ryobi. Which would you choose and why? Battery compatibility is definitely important I don't want to worry about my tools being obsolete in a year. What is your thoughts?

Bauer to me seems underpowered at least the one my coworkers have had does. I’ve personally had really good luck with their Earthquake line of tools though. And I don’t have any experience with their Hercules line but have heard good things. I’ve got a few of the Earthquake tools at home and they do great. I have Milwaukee for work. No personal experience with Ryobi but have heard mixed things. If it were me Earthquake or Milwaukee would be my choices.

I need something strong enough to back out harmonic balancer bolts. The Milwaukee is on my list.

Last edited:
If you are considering buying anything from HF, check the warranty on what you are interested in. The Hercules brushless tools have a 5 year warranty. Some other power tools they sell with brushes only have a 90-day warranty.

I'm looking to replace my 9 yr old DeWalt 20v impact. It's a 1/4 drive. I'd like to replace it and get a 1/2 drive electric impact.
I wouldn't replace it but supplement one with new one. 1/4" and 1/2" drive are different animals. If you do a lot of interior work or remove numerous M13 head or smaller fasteners like on valve covers and trans oil pans, a 1/2" drive impact will make your hand and arm sore pretty fast. The 1/4" drive, no problem. I'm partial to Ingersoll Rand myself as they make industrial impact wrenches to 80,000 ft lb. so they lighter duty models are just as good.

Well I bought the Ryobi...... anyone see an issue? I purchased a 1/2 impact as pictured on the box. What was in the box was a little 1/4 drive impact ...... just my luck. Back to home Depot tomorrow I guess

Attachments

• 20230812_232532.jpg
    20230812_232532.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 12
Back