Easy skirt steak for a Saturday night dinner- low carbs

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
I cook on weekends for my Wife. Today I started at 4am working on a Lincoln Navigator, left the house at 630 to drive 90 minutes to a pull a part. Want to make something favorable for my Wife, but don't have much time and I
don't want to spend the $18 plus per pound now being charged for good steak or lamb.

Skirt steak. $7.99 a pound. Salt and pepper. Marinde in .99 LIDL Worcestershire sauce for a few hours turn the steak every so often. Take the steak out of the fridge. Use a roll of paper towels to fully dry. Removal of the outside moisture lets the steak char on the grill. Cook five minutes (more or less) each side under the hottest heat your grill will produce. Take off the grill. Let rest five minutes, slice (the thinner the better) and serve. We served ours with roasted cauliflower.

Super flavorable, super easy to prepare, cook, and clean up. And easy on the wallet.
PXL_20220108_233823710.jpg
PXL_20220108_234649765.jpg
PXL_20220108_234731001.jpg

Looks delicious.

$18.99 for a good steak is ludicrous, I wouldn't pay that even on the most special occasion. But I have 4 kids, so I'm used to bargain shopping. At the right time of year, I can pick up half or whole ribeyes for $7-8 per pound (last year they were $5.99). Kroger/grocery store quality, but that's good enough for me. I cut them into steaks or smoke the whole thing. When good cuts of meat go on sale (many are seasonal), I stock up and load the deep freezer and usually have enough for several months, sometimes a year. I still have about 4 full briskets in the freezer I paid around $2.29 a pound for in late spring. So I pay about a third of what I routinely hear other people paying. That said, I understand it's not practical for everybody, as most don't have as many mouths to feed as I do!

Not sure I've ever sought out a skirt steak, I'll have to try it sometime. Aldi often has lamb on sale (once every couple months or so) for less than $10 a pound.. Sometimes chops, other times leg roasts. I usually buy one or two when I see it at that price.

Reactions: GON
I cook on weekends for my Wife. Today I started at 4am working on a Lincoln Navigator, left the house at 630 to drive 90 minutes to a pull a part. Want to make something favorable for my Wife, but don't have much time and I
don't want to spend the $18 plus per pound now being charged for good steak or lamb.

Skirt steak. $7.99 a pound. Salt and pepper. Marinde in .99 LIDL Worcestershire sauce for a few hours turn the steak every so often. Take the steak out of the fridge. Use a roll of paper towels to fully dry. Removal of the outside moisture lets the steak char on the grill. Cook five minutes (more or less) each side under the hottest heat your grill will produce. Take off the grill. Let rest five minutes, slice (the thinner the better) and serve. We served ours with roasted cauliflower.

Super flavorable, super easy to prepare, cook, and clean up. And easy on the wallet.
View attachment 83742View attachment 83743View attachment 83744
That looks better than my boxed jambalaya dinner I made for myself tonight. PM me your phone number. I'm calling you next time.

• Haha
Reactions: GON
Back