Very simple Saturday night NY Strip Steak dinner

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Local market had NY strip steaks being discounted because they were nearing expiration date.

Picked up the steaks, two sweet potatoes, and a can of flat Italian beans. Poked the sweet potatoes with a fork, threw them in the oven for two hours. Spiced up the steaks with pepper and then Montreal seasoning. Place the beans in a oven proof bowl for 15 minutes with the sweet potatoes. Steaks on the grill for five minutes each side.

Super easy cleanup. Super easy dish. Under twenty dollars (less the wine). Easy and enjoyable Saturday night.

PXL_20210523_003348094[1].jpg
PXL_20210523_003350634[1].jpg
PXL_20210523_003416763[1].jpg
PXL_20210523_003505161[1].jpg

Local market had NY strip steaks being discounted because they were nearing expiration date.

Picked up the steaks, two sweet potatoes, and a can of flat Italian beans. Poked the sweet potatoes with a fork, threw them in the oven for two hours. Spiced up the steaks with pepper and then Montreal seasoning. Place the beans in a oven proof bowl for 15 minutes with the sweet potatoes. Steaks on the grill for five minutes each side.

Super easy cleanup. Super easy dish. Under twenty dollars (less the wine). Easy and enjoyable Saturday night.

View attachment 57994View attachment 57995View attachment 57996View attachment 57997
I always enjoy your cooking/food posts. Thank You sir 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍺👍

Reactions: GON
Love the montreal seasoning, been a while since I've had it though.

Been working my way through my last haul of Cajun spice mixes from my NOLA trip.

Plenty of Slap-yo-momma to go around, hot and regular edition.

I like Montreal steak seasoning on asparagus. Toss 'em in canola oil, sprinkle that on, then grill (while the steaks are resting) to the desired char and walla.

my local Aldi sells great grass fed strip steaks for $10 an lb, a bargain considering the quality!!! Steal + salad + ONE beer for my low carb eating to stay trim + healthy!!

to greenjp, SKIP the toxic processed Canola oil + replace with Olive for better health!! contrary to what "big food" is telling you stable saturated fats are the healthiest, think real butter pork + beef fat!!

A coworker is from a family of butchers. He told me that as long as it's been stored properly marked down meat is actually better because it's had some time to age.
I put myself through college working in a grocery store. We had a customer who would pick out a cut of meat and have it placed on a cookie sheet and covered with cheese cloth. He would come by every couple of days to check on it. It would turn black and cover in mold before he would take it home. He said you could cut it with a fork. I took his word for it.

2 hours to cook potatoes. Wouldn't they be a little dried out?
Sweet potatoes take an extended time to cook- no idea why. Sweet potatoes not only taste great- my Wife states they are the most healthy and nutrition best of all the potatoes.

Back