Dumbest Engine Oil YouTube videos you’ve seen

The youtube videos I dislike are the clickbait type videos, They would have a thumbnail picture of a bottle of oil saying" This oil destroyed my engine" You watch the video and they recommend using that specific oil. Don't get me started on the fram hating videos... 😂
You know what, that's the exact same click baits I fall for every single time when they have those "18 athletes photos they don't want you to see", and the gorgeous athlete in the thumbnail is never part of it.

He actually has one of our cars from a couple years ago and may either replace the engine or fix the engine this winter. I believe it just needs a new coil if we are lucky. Of course, that car, you can only buy all 4 coils at once, it is one piece that costs like $1000. :/ We will see.
What kind of coil cost like $1000 a piece?

^^^ Hondas don't need no stinkin' oil ... designed to operate on zero MOFT. 😂

Had this gem pop up today

Initially got annoyed but as the old wives tales and information that might have been accurate 25 years ago kept going I started to laugh my ass off. Anyone have other bad take videos on oil?

They always crack me up and I’m burning off non-rollover vacation days for the rest of the year.

But he has 20 years experience! So he must know what he's talking about, right? Well, maybe he has just experienced that first year twenty times??

What is your YouTube channel? I mean surely you not only have the expertise, but also the millions of dollars in equipment to once and for all deliver the holy grail of motor oil videos to us mere mortals, right? Right?
If you have a technical objection to my post then let’s hear it. What novel or otherwise previously uncharacterized property of motor oil is the video illustrating?

Rather than personal attacks let’s keep it to facts.

What is your YouTube channel? I mean surely you not only have the expertise, but also the millions of dollars in equipment to once and for all deliver the holy grail of motor oil videos to us mere mortals, right? Right?

What value, beyond entertainment, is being provided?

Sure, Mobil or one of the other majors could fab up a Youtube channel and show all the API, ACEA and OEM testing protocols, but I highly doubt people would find it anywhere near as entertaining as some charlatan's schtick that seems to demonstrate valuable characteristics that aren't.

What value, beyond entertainment, is being provided?

Sure, Mobil or one of the other majors could fab up a Youtube channel and show all the API, ACEA and OEM testing protocols, but I highly doubt people would find it anywhere near as entertaining as some charlatan's schtick that seems to demonstrate valuable characteristics that aren't.
OVERKILL, I posted pics of the guy's 14-18psi Supercharged Boosted Chrysler 300 in the "Would you buy this car?" Thread, it's not mine but I wonder if such a car (the 300, as mentioned) is to your liking. :)

I haven’t heard of the point spread lol. I have heard 0W-20 described as water which I will say when pouring it out of a bottle it does look pretty thin. My teacher always told us to use the thickest oil possible for the season so that’s what I usually do.

I never heard it called the point spread but there was some similar thoughts way back when 10w40 turned out to be crap oil. There were recommendations to not use it.

What kind of coil cost like $1000 a piece?
While this is OT - the list price on a coil for my MB is currently $1,400.

Here is one at a slightly discounted price:

The car does take two, one left and one right, so, coils, not including labor, are in excess of $2,800...

While this is OT - the list price on a coil for my MB is currently $1,400.

Here is one at a slightly discounted price:

The car does take two, one left and one right, so, coils, not including labor, are in excess of $2,800...
You must have seen it same time as I did. Here is one set, one side, $2400. So maybe $4800 total... (Or maybe $2400. Must be an S600.) However...

Years ago, I remember seeing all 6 coils for my 4.2 they wanted like $500-600
and I seem to remember that if you did not replace them all at once ... Whatever the then-weakest coil wod basically be firing not as powerful as the other 5, 4, 3.. and could under limited circumstances have engine appear to be stumbling, perhaps not at idle. Because each coil deteriorates as a slightly different rate.

Quick search ? tells me prices perhaps have come way down. Haven't had to do coils in awhile. Did see one set for a car I have costs like 60 bucks. Wasn't expecting that.

You must have seen it same time as I did. Here is one set, one side, $2400. So maybe $4800 total... (Or maybe $2400. Must be an S600.) However...

Years ago, I remember seeing all 6 coils for my 4.2 they wanted like $500-600
and I seem to remember that if you did not replace them all at once ... Whatever the then-weakest coil wod basically be firing not as powerful as the other 5, 4, 3.. and could under limited circumstances have engine appear to be stumbling, perhaps not at idle. Because each coil deteriorates as a slightly different rate.

Quick search ? tells me prices perhaps have come way down. Haven't had to do coils in awhile. Did see one set for a car I have costs like 60 bucks. Wasn't expecting that.

That's ridiculous engineering. If they are going to do something like this at least they should make it standard across their other engines to make the economy of scale.

That's ridiculous engineering. If they are going to do something like this at least they should make it standard across their other engines to make the economy of scale.
I'm just really surprised because when I went looking for the "one-piece coil" (Chevy Cruze) that I thought was going to cost a fortune (they literally made all 4 coils into one piece,) That was like $70 maybe $60.

One aftermarket one for a truck I used to have cost that much, and that's why I thought to myself.. "Oh, so that's why they tell you to UNIFORMLY replace them" or .. all at once.

And, it was not as old back then, I saw a set of all 6 they wanted like $509-$600 for Delco/Delphi units. Never had one that came with Delphi.. apparently they are replacement for Delco but Delco still makes. So I have no idea.

And if for a truck they can cost pushing $600, surely they can cost in neighborhood of $1000 for more pricey names.

Back